54 minutes ago, Dreeaa85 said:

Hey Jessica, 

How were you told you were unofficially accepted? Email?

Yes. During  my interview I let them know that Dominguez Hills offered me admission and wanted a letter of commitment by the 14th, so she was kind enough to let me know unofficially before then. 

Edited by Jessica Steen

11 hours ago, Jessica Steen said:

I’ve heard back unofficially that I have been accepted. ? Kelly said official letters should be sent out by the end of this week or early next week. 

Congratulations! hopefully I hear back soon. This was for CSUF right? What concentration did you apply for? and was it the FT or PT (flex) program?

52 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

Congratulations! hopefully I hear back soon. This was for CSUF right? What concentration did you apply for? and was it the FT or PT (flex) program?

Yes for Fullerton. I applied for the full-time community and mental health program. 

Thanks so much! Let me know if you hear back! It would be nice going into the program with some friends 

3 minutes ago, Jessica Steen said:

Yes for Fullerton. I applied for the full-time community and mental health program. 

Thanks so much! Let me know if you hear back! It would be nice going into the program with some friends 

yes hopefully I get good news! I'll keep you posted! .. I applied for Child Welfare :) . Currently working in a mental health clinic and its not for me lol 

Hi!

I applied on the last day January 16th for the three year program. I received an email yesterday to come in for an interview. My interview is on April 10th. There were slots available all the way until April 20th so for those who have not heard back yet don't lose hope! 

Anyone who had their interviews already mind sharing any tips and/or questions?

Thanks and good luck to everyone! (: 

9 hours ago, ssmmvv said:

Hi!

I applied on the last day January 16th for the three year program. I received an email yesterday to come in for an interview. My interview is on April 10th. There were slots available all the way until April 20th so for those who have not heard back yet don't lose hope! 

Congrats! And good luck on your interview! I hope to hear soon! I check my email like 20x per day haha :unsure:

On 3/17/2018 at 12:53 PM, ssmmvv said:

Hi!

Hi, 

Don't be nervous! They're very nice and they don't create an intimidating atmosphere. Just be prepared to tell them about yourself, which is where you have the most time to sell yourself. They'll also want to know why you chose your specific concentration, what population you'd have issues working with and why. Also - come prepared with an example of a stressful situation and how you dealt with it. The rest of the time is for asking them questions. 

Good luck!

On 3/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi! 

I've been creeping on this forum for a week or two and decided to say something. I submitted an application to the 2 year MSW program on the last possible date, received an email for an interview on February 26th and did my interview yesterday, March 12th. It went okay I think. It was pretty short and they asked less questions than I expected after reviewing past forums. I feel like I didn't get to share enough about me. Based on past forums, it seems they email decisions a week or two after the interview, but in my interview, Kelly said it could take a couple weeks. 

Andrea

What concentration did you apply for? 

On 3/17/2018 at 12:53 PM, ssmmvv said:

Hi!

What concentration did you apply for

12 hours ago, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi, 

Don't be nervous! They're very nice and they don't create an intimidating atmosphere. Just be prepared to tell them about yourself, which is where you have the most time to sell yourself. They'll also want to know why you chose your specific concentration, what population you'd have issues working with and why. Also - come prepared with an example of a stressful situation and how you dealt with it. The rest of the time is for asking them questions. 

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I am very appreciative of these tips and I hope you get your acceptance soon (:

46 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

What concentration did you apply for

I put child welfare but I am contemplating between that one and community health. Segovia said there was time in the beginning to figure out which one to choose before we have to start taking the elective classes pertaining to that concentration. What did you choose?

14 minutes ago, ssmmvv said:

I put child welfare but I am contemplating between that one and community health. Segovia said there was time in the beginning to figure out which one to choose before we have to start taking the elective classes pertaining to that concentration. What did you choose?

I applied for Child Welfare as well.. haven't heard anything yet 

5 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

I applied for Child Welfare as well.. haven't heard anything yet 

I think they are notifying people until the end of the month. I was looking at old topics from last year and some people were getting invites for interviews like on March 30th so there's still time. Did you apply to other schools?

11 minutes ago, ssmmvv said:

I think they are notifying people until the end of the month. I was looking at old topics from last year and some people were getting invites for interviews like on March 30th so there's still time. Did you apply to other schools?

Hopefully! My coworker got in last yr and she heard back the beginning of April so I have hope lol..: no i didn't.. I should have, but idk why I didn't 

10 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

Hopefully! My coworker got in last yr and she heard back the beginning of April so I have hope lol..: no i didn't.. I should have, but idk why I didn't 

Yeah it will all work out! Just have to be positive. What are your stats?

13 minutes ago, ssmmvv said:

Yeah it will all work out! Just have to be positive. What are your stats?

My overall GPA wasn't that great, but I have a lot of experience (about 5yrs) working with a very diverse population... ugh I just hope my GPA doesn't kill it 

57 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

My overall GPA wasn't that great, but I have a lot of experience (about 5yrs) working with a very diverse population... ugh I just hope my GPA doesn't kill it 

Experience is very important too (:

13 hours ago, ssmmvv said:

Thank you so much! I am very appreciative of these tips and I hope you get your acceptance soon (:

Hi, 

I chose the community mental health concentration, but I was close to choosing aging. I currently work at an assisted living facility and I enjoy it.

Andrea

35 minutes ago, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi, 

I chose the community mental health concentration, but I was close to choosing aging. I currently work at an assisted living facility and I enjoy it.

Andrea

seems like a lot of the students who heard back applied for mental health...I am hoping that they are doing it by concentration and that is why I haven't heard back yet lol. ( I applied for Child Welfare) 

On 3/16/2018 at 8:49 AM, BrendaServin said:

hopefully we hear soon! what concentration did you apply for? 

I applied for the child welfare concentration. Someone had mentioned that it seems like only the mental health concentration had heard anything so far. I wonder if that's true

On 3/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, Jessica Steen said:

I have a interview on the 6th. Is there any information or tips you can give me about my upcoming interview? Thanks in advance. 

Hi! Sorry for the late response! How did your interview go? I was able to get information on the interview by searching last year's cohort threads :) I interviewed on March 1st with Kelly Segovia and just received my acceptance letter from CSUF today!! I applied for the full-time program with a concentration in mental health. My overall GPA at CSUF as an undergrad in Psychology was 3.76, the last 60 semester units was about 3.97. I have 3.5 years of experience working in mental health (2.5 years working with adults/elderly and 1 year working with children). Hope this helped!

Edited by jkalaw

4 hours ago, Dhurst08 said:

I applied for the child welfare concentration. Someone had mentioned that it seems like only the mental health concentration had heard anything so far. I wonder if that's true

That's what I've been hearing/reading.. a lot of the people who have heard back have been mental health. Did you apply for he CalSwec? I emailed Kelly today, just asking for an update on when we expect to hear back. I know she won't have a clear answer, but I just need something to ease my mind lol. 

Edited by BrendaServin

44 minutes ago, jkalaw said:

Hi! Sorry for the late response! How did your interview go? I was able to get information on the interview by searching last year's cohort threads :) I interviewed on March 1st with Kelly Segovia and just received my acceptance letter from CSUF today!! I applied for the full-time program with a concentration in mental health. My overall GPA at CSUF as an undergrad in Psychology was 3.76, the last 60 semester units was about 3.97. I have 3.5 years of experience working in mental health (2.5 years working with adults/elderly and 1 year working with children). Hope this helped!

I got my official letter today as well and we both chose the same concentration, so I guess I’ll be seeing you Aug 24th!

6 minutes ago, Jessica Steen said:

I got my official letter today as well and we both chose the same concentration, so I guess I’ll be seeing you Aug 24th!

Awesome! Congratulations!!! :) I'm still waiting to hear back from Long Beach, which supposedly has a better and more established program, but I'm leaning towards Fullerton. Does anyone else have any input on the Fullerton vs. Long Beach dilemma?