Anyone else doing comp lit?

19 minutes ago, jshaarawi said:

Same. They said 1-2 weeks though. So, it might be another week of anguish. 

Oh no! Is that what they said to you? Because at my interview last Tuesday they said their meeting would be in 7-10 days, so the 10th day is tomorrow. Apparently the week before they told at least one interviewer that they would get back to them in two weeks. Here’s hoping this all just ends tomorrow. I’m probably going to email them if they don’t get back to us by then.

Anyone on Rutgers' waitlist? I just had an interview with them and was told that I'm on top of the waitlist. I kinda feel like they tell everyone that, so I was wondering if I should email and ask about my exact position. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, ranny820 said:

Anyone on Rutgers' waitlist? I just had an interview with them and was told that I'm on top of the waitlist. I kinda feel like they tell everyone that, so I was wondering if I should email and ask about my exact position. Any suggestions?

Hey, Ranny, your feeling isn’t wrong. I have a friend who interviewed them and she was also told the same thing. It’s possible they have wait lists by area of expertise but one can’t know for sure. 

20 hours ago, DatGuy said:

Oh no! Is that what they said to you? Because at my interview last Tuesday they said their meeting would be in 7-10 days, so the 10th day is tomorrow. Apparently the week before they told at least one interviewer that they would get back to them in two weeks. Here’s hoping this all just ends tomorrow. I’m probably going to email them if they don’t get back to us by then.

After six on the east coast, looks like it'll be another week...

14 hours ago, DatGuy said:

Hey, Ranny, your feeling isn’t wrong. I have a friend who interviewed them and she was also told the same thing. It’s possible they have wait lists by area of expertise but one can’t know for sure. 

Thanks for the info! I'll try not to get my hopes up then :P 

5 hours ago, DatGuy said:

I swear, guys. These last few schools better get back to us by tomorrow. I’m in pain!

Ugh I know. (Penn don't read this but...) I'd even be fine with a flat out rejection, I've been incredibly lucky and I have good options--but because of how well Penn fits my interests, I can't really start deciding until I know.

13 minutes ago, immanentfields said:

Ugh I know. (Penn don't read this but...) I'd even be fine with a flat out rejection, I've been incredibly lucky and I have good options--but because of how well Penn fits my interests, I can't really start deciding until I know.

Yeah, exactly! I feel supremely blessed with my acceptances thus far, and am now just waiting for them to reply so that I can at least begin to be excited about a specific place— either way is fine! I’m definitely emailing them tomorrow btw. 

7 minutes ago, DatGuy said:

Yeah, exactly! I feel supremely blessed with my acceptances thus far, and am now just waiting for them to reply so that I can at least begin to be excited about a specific place— either way is fine! I’m definitely emailing them tomorrow btw. 

You're doing the Lord's work out here for us, you really are.