Anyone else doing comp lit?

3 hours ago, jshaarawi said:

Rejection from Brown came in today. It's my first rejection so it definitely stings. But, I'm extra grateful for the Davis acceptance I got a few days ago. It's keeping me from drowning in total despair.

2 hours ago, immanentfields said:

Just chiming in here--I also got my Brown rejection this morning, by way of an email that told me to check the ApplyWeb portal. 

Got my Brown rejection too today, by means of an e-mail to check portal, where a laconic, brief letter of rejection awaited me. Luckily, I've already been admitted to Chicago which is a much better fit for me.

@DatGuy @jshaarawi Congratulations !! I know how nerve wrecking this week has been so that email must have been a great ending to the week. Good luck ! Still haven't received anything from Penn ): ... I'm guessing this is an implied rejection if I haven't gotten anything by now. Happy for everyone that got an email though! 

3 minutes ago, jshaarawi said:

ME TOO!! CONGRAAAAATS!!! 

I have a feeling regarding how the interview calls were structured. I could be very wrong, but I think they might be scheduled according to subfield! Do you work on anything within the broad field of postcolonial studies by any chance? :P

3 minutes ago, glg96 said:

@DatGuy @jshaarawi Congratulations !! I know how nerve wrecking this week has been so that email must have been a great ending to the week. Good luck ! Still haven't received anything from Penn ): ... I'm guessing this is an implied rejection if I haven't gotten anything by now. Happy for everyone that got an email though! 

Hold on yet still, I think. I have a feeling interviews are going to go on possibly for most of next week too!

3 minutes ago, DatGuy said:

Hold on yet still, I think. I have a feeling interviews are going to go on possibly for most of next week too!

You're always giving me hope on this thread! I hope so too. Hope your interview goes well! 

Congrats @DatGuy and @jshaarawi! That’s so great! 

Didnt get the email, but I guess I can hold out hope another week? My feelings are kind of mixed right now. On the one hand I got my first acceptance (Rutgers), but I’m very unsure about how my CUNY interview went. I have a feeling that’ll turn out to be a waitlist situation.

9 minutes ago, immanentfields said:

I also have a Penn interview for next week--which was a nice surprise after both Brown and Chicago rejections today. Good luck to everyone else!

10 minutes ago, jshaarawi said:

Yup! Middle East/North Africa and postcolonial 

Amazing! I work on South Asia. Also, I find it absolutely insane that so many of Penn's shortlist is on a single forum. It really is astounding! Good luck, guys! Also, when are your interviews scheduled for? Mine is Tuesday!

54 minutes ago, WildeThing said:

Wow congrats! That’s super early too, do you have any more info? Like who contacted you, etc.?

Thanks! It was a kind but formal email from Verena Conley, just a few details about funding, nothing really specific about my file (tho she said more info was forthcoming). I noticed a few other Harvard posts on the results page as well, so not sure if this was a big wave or not. I did name her in my app so perhaps they're notifying by field. Sorry I don't have more details! 

Congratulations, @immanentfields and @Travala! How exciting!

Would someone mind weighing in on a question for me? I just started a graduate-level internship that's relevant to my field and affiliated with an esteemed university. I don't want to inconvenience anyone but I'm also sitting on a good pile of implied rejections. Should I notify the universities finalizing decisions (Harvard, Penn, Maryland) and, If so, would program coordinators be the right contact?