Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

4 hours ago, Jul_Hyuuh said:

Hi everyone ! Has someone heard back from McGill for a MSc in Maths&Stats ?

I too applied and have heard nothing! Neither from U of T (assuming rejection on that one, though; some offers have already gone out as far as I know). A friend also applied to Mcgill and U of T's Stats MSc and has not heard back from them either. Waiting is killing me! Hope they tell us soon.

7 hours ago, aboiledegg said:

Anyone hear back from Carleton yet? I'm assuming things are still delayed due to the strikes and all that.

Hey. Still no word from Carleton. However, I did see on Twitter that they've FINALLY reached a 'tentative' settlement in the strike. There should be an announcement of the staff returning to work on Tuesday. So, hopefully from later this week or next week on we begin hearing back. 

I got my offer from Carleton (from the Grad Supervisor) and then an official offer on the system. The strike slows the process down but that doesn't mean offers haven't been sent out. 

16 hours ago, A2018 said:

I got my offer from Carleton (from the Grad Supervisor) and then an official offer on the system. The strike slows the process down but that doesn't mean offers haven't been sent out. 

What program did you apply to again?

And I finally received an answer to my question whether domestic students will be chosen first, and then, if there is availability, intl. ones will be considered. 

This statement was, unfortunately, confirmed... So I guess I will wait two more weeks (I assume I didn’t get in), and then request my money back. That was a complete waste of time. 

Yep. Just Carleton. I don’t think that their selection is fair to intl. applicants. I would have never applied there if I had known that I would just be a “filler” and not an equally treated application. Total nonsense. 

So...

After much desperation, hopelessness and anger caused the back to back rejections finally the Calvary arrived and brought TWO ACCEPTANCES, ONE FULLY FUNDED ! Yeyyy!

But I need advice ! Laurier is fully , completely funded o/   whereas UNBC is offering a TA with a one-year MA with possible direct entrance to  PhD ( funded). 

Laurier would be at the same dept of Lindsey Shephard ( yeahh i know!). scary.. UNBC will be to correlate Inuit  LGBTQ youth suicidal with newcomers'. ( both suffer from prejudice, racism, dire economic conditions ). what could we learn with 2 peoples from such distinct backgrounds but facing similar crisis? ( this is my project idea that was approved and as it involves a loooot of field research and literature review, they offered this PhD thing, DEPENDING obviously on my performance.

ADVICE PLEASE ! 

Just a heads up: I officially got rejected from Carleton today. If anyone else plans on complaining, please let me know. I am going to write them an email this weekend and I think it would be good if other people do the same.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

2 hours ago, Nat828 said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I just randomly checked my U of Ottawa account... And it says ADMITTED!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!!! After waiting for almost three months!!!!!!! My number one choice!!!!! I am so, so happy!!!! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting out there!!!!

Sorry for your rejection at Carleton, but I'm super glad you got in where you wanted to! My status stills shows 'Reccomended for Assessment' and I've emailed the grad advisor without a response yesterday, so I guess I'll have to wait till next week for a response. 

But anyway, I'm glad you got accepted!

1 hour ago, Sagnik_G said:

Sorry for your rejection at Carleton, but I'm super glad you got in where you wanted to! My status stills shows 'Reccomended for Assessment' and I've emailed the grad advisor without a response yesterday, so I guess I'll have to wait till next week for a response. 

But anyway, I'm glad you got accepted!

After I got recommended for assessment, it took a long time for me to receive the official offer. This was during the strike. But since the strike ended, it should be faster now :) 

Congrats Nat!!! 

I don't think requesting money back is a thing, because it went through OUAC. I tried with a different school but they won't give me the refund. 

Yes congratulations Nat, my application still says recommended for assessment but I have lost hope. 

Thought schools save Friday’s for acceptances... thought it was a thing.

anyways... am still anxiously refreshing my Carleton Central page and outlook account. :(

43 minutes ago, A2018 said:

After I got recommended for assessment, it took a long time for me to receive the official offer. This was during the strike. But since the strike ended, it should be faster now :) 

Congrats Nat!!! 

I don't think requesting money back is a thing, because it went through OUAC. I tried with a different school but they won't give me the refund. 

I am curious.. did your acceptance come on a Friday or middle of the week? 

6 hours ago, Nat828 said:

hahaha Congrats Nat!!! I think we will be classmates!!!

I also got rejected from Carleton, and finally got my first admission from Ottawa!!! The waiting is killing me, but luckily we made it.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting!!!

5 hours ago, pi96 said:

hahaha Congrats Nat!!! I think we will be classmates!!!

I also got rejected from Carleton, and finally got my first admission from Ottawa!!! The waiting is killing me, but luckily we made it.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting!!!

What program did you apply to? Will you accept?

6 hours ago, gemmi said:

I am curious.. did your acceptance come on a Friday or middle of the week? 

And yes, I got my acceptance last night between 5 and 10 p.m. No email. I just logged in. I got my other acceptance on a Wednesday. Also, my two rejections came on a Wednesday (McGill) and Friday (Carleton).

And don’t give up hope yet! I’m sure they are still sending out acceptances next week and even after that. 

13 hours ago, Nat828 said:

I’m so excited for you cos we have been waiting a long time for this. I’m sure you are going to be celebrating lol. I’m still here waiting on Carleton and Ryerson. My fingers are very crossed right now cos I want to celebrate as well 

2 hours ago, T-boy said:

I’m so excited for you cos we have been waiting a long time for this. I’m sure you are going to be celebrating lol. I’m still here waiting on Carleton and Ryerson. My fingers are very crossed right now cos I want to celebrate as well 

Thank you! Did you email them? I know it's a controversial topic, but I did that with all of my programs expect for McGill (they already sent me the rejection in the beginning of March so no need to bother them). Everyone got back to me and their information has really helped evaluate when I will receive an answer. And it didn't feel like it was inappropriate to ask at all. 

1 hour ago, Nat828 said:

Thank you! Did you email them? I know it's a controversial topic, but I did that with all of my programs expect for McGill (they already sent me the rejection in the beginning of March so no need to bother them). Everyone got back to me and their information has really helped evaluate when I will receive an answer. And it didn't feel like it was inappropriate to ask at all. 

I emailed Carleton second week of March and they told me that they would get back to me when there’s space in the program. Ryerson emailed me last week to tell me that they have successfully received all my documents and when a decision is reached, they would email me. I had completed my application for Ryerson since January so I was shocked about the email. At this point, I don’t know what else to do but wait even tho I just want to know!!!!

5 hours ago, UTOPIA AD said:

Any news fro uni of alberta??:(

I got an acceptance from the U.of A in early March. I think their timings differ from dept. to dept. though, so you could try contacting your department. 

Yes. I did contact the department but they told me the letter is under review with fgsr. They are waiting for the offer letter to arrive.

I think I'm on rejection track...