Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

6 hours ago, Allbert said:

does any of you guys know how the 2nd and 3rd choices decisions work at OISE ? Would they let everybody's 1st choice fill up and then maybe they call 2 and 3? 

oo, I would like to know the answer to this question as well! :huh:

Got accepted to uOttawa for MSc Environmental Sustainability with some funding, but now waiting to hear about OGS. Surprised the decision came so early tbh. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I've been lurking for a couple months. Signed up just to share the misery that is the wait. 

I'm waiting to hear back from Waterloo MMath Stats and UdeM MSc CompSci. 

Anybody else waiting for these as well?

21 hours ago, Allbert said:

Hey, fellow Canucks !

So far no newzz whatsoEVER ! Like, I am sure that i won't make it to OISE, for instance. However, this lack of news always sparkles an irrational hope. As for the other ones, who knows..

But hey, cheer up ! Spring is about to set in :D

I hear you.  I’m trying to be patient, since one program I applied to only had applications close a month ago, and the other doesn’t close until this Friday!  So even though I don’t expect to hear back yet, it’s hard to resist checking the application portals, where “application complete” is still front and centre!

I did receive notice of a job that I’m qualified for, so I’ll be distracting myself by completing my application materials for that!

With snow currently on the ground, I really hope spring arrives soon!

11 hours ago, Nat828 said:

The worst part is not only me waiting but everyone around me who is going crazy. So many “what if you don’t get accepted anywhere.....” that’s almost worst. My answer now is to travel the world lol

I applied to 3 programs and so far have only gotten 1 rejection. Have you been accepted by at least one program? How many did you apply to?

I'm currently juggling 2 job offers that imply relocation, but what I really want to do is go to grad school. Traveling the world is not an option lol. 

I'm still waiting for Guelph, Western and Carleton and it's hurting my soul. Guelph might take even longer, because apparently my professor has yet to submit a reference letter a month after I've asked him. It's my own fault for not monitoring the application site this entire time and simply assuming he's submitted it, since he posted the other letters.

Oh, how I really wish Queen’s would release their decisions.  I’ve just been offered a job that would be absolutely perfect for me, but I would much rather do a PhD.  However, if I don’t get into a PhD program, working is what I want/need to do!  Do I accept the job just to potentially leave in August (I would feel horrible doing so)?  Do I bug Queen’s to ask when they might release decisions?  Argh!  I’m delighted to be offered the job (the interview felt horrible, so I actually thought I didn’t have a chance), but the PhD is my priority!

3 hours ago, RunnerGrad said:

Oh, how I really wish Queen’s would release their decisions.  I’ve just been offered a job that would be absolutely perfect for me, but I would much rather do a PhD.  However, if I don’t get into a PhD program, working is what I want/need to do!  Do I accept the job just to potentially leave in August (I would feel horrible doing so)?  Do I bug Queen’s to ask when they might release decisions?  Argh!  I’m delighted to be offered the job (the interview felt horrible, so I actually thought I didn’t have a chance), but the PhD is my priority!

I'm having the same problem. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US (permanent resident and all that), so I'd like to know pretty soon if I've been accepted or not so I can start planning my move back to Canada. I've also been applying to a zillion jobs over the past couple months as a backup plan so I'll have something to do after graduation. It's a little stressful (a lot stressful) not knowing where I'll be living or what I'll be doing 3-4 months from now.

Also, Queen's is a fantastic school so I hope you get in! My dad went there for med school and kept insisting I apply, but my GPA is nowhere near good enough.

4 hours ago, aboiledegg said:

I'm having the same problem. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US (permanent resident and all that), so I'd like to know pretty soon if I've been accepted or not so I can start planning my move back to Canada. I've also been applying to a zillion jobs over the past couple months as a backup plan so I'll have something to do after graduation. It's a little stressful (a lot stressful) not knowing where I'll be living or what I'll be doing 3-4 months from now.

Also, Queen's is a fantastic school so I hope you get in! My dad went there for med school and kept insisting I apply, but my GPA is nowhere near good enough.

I see you applied to Guelph.  I have two degrees from Guelph.  Love the university and love the city.  My husband and I would have been happy to stay in Guelph forever, but the army had other plans!  I hope you hear back soon!

Um, hi guys.

Anyone applied to UBC Vancouver's PhD programs? I did, and haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if I should end my misery by just emailing the POI about my appln status. Is that a good idea? Or the ravings of a lunatic? I mean, I've already cycled through the 5 stages of grief three times, and I've braced myself for a rejection. But the wait is just killing me.

Good luck to everyone here who's waiting for news from their dream schools!

4 hours ago, monkeyonthetree said:

Um, hi guys.

Anyone applied to UBC Vancouver's PhD programs? I did, and haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if I should end my misery by just emailing the POI about my appln status. Is that a good idea? Or the ravings of a lunatic? I mean, I've already cycled through the 5 stages of grief three times, and I've braced myself for a rejection. But the wait is just killing me.

Good luck to everyone here who's waiting for news from their dream schools!

I don't think it will hurt you. On the contrary, from my experience it shows that you are keen -- no one will bring that up against you à la "they really want to come here, hence we don't make them an offer"...