Fall 2018 CANADIAN universities

Allbert

Hi all, I'm an international applicant and have applied to LHAE OISE, U of T and EDST UBC. Both for PhD programmes and I'm still anxiously waiting for the results :mellow: Last year I was rejected twice from 2 universities in the UK so I guess this will be my last shot.

2 hours ago, sielias said:

Got into Queens PhD, Poli Sci, $22,000 guaranteed every year! Has anyone heard anything from Carleton Poli Sci or York Social and Political Thought??

I'm still waiting to hear from York Social and Political Thought and Sociology

On 2/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, Xenia2191 said:

Just got accepted to Carleton 36,600$ in funding for first year!!!! OMG!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :)

Hey, congratulations on your acceptance. I just wanted to ask when you applied and what program. Thank you

Hey everyone, 

I am an international applicant. I applied to Ryerson Uni and Carleton Uni for a masters in Journalism. The wait is absolutely exhausting and I keep going to Carleton portal every other day, Ryerson doesn’t seem to have a way to track applications. I am somewhat scared of being rejected as well. Please who is in the same both as me and waiting for a decision? 

2 hours ago, T-boy said:

Hey everyone, 

I am an international applicant. I applied to Ryerson Uni and Carleton Uni for a masters in Journalism. The wait is absolutely exhausting and I keep going to Carleton portal every other day, Ryerson doesn’t seem to have a way to track applications. I am somewhat scared of being rejected as well. Please who is in the same both as me and waiting for a decision? 

I am. I applied to Carleton, McGill, Alberta and a few other unis in Canada. I do know that the Carleton application is being reviewed right now, I could hear back any time from this week to mid March and the wait is excruciating. 

17 hours ago, T-boy said:

Hey everyone, 

Me too. I applied to Ryerson and UBC. I wonder has anyone heard back from them? I've been checking my email and gradcafe everyday too and it seems like no one has got an offer; or just no one submitted the results?

Been offered acceptance to MA Development Studies at York University and MA Global Development Studies at Queen's... but my top choice is Carleton MA Political Economy and still waiting on their offer to come through especially since I heard from the program director last week!

Good luck to everyone who has applied!  

I'm a U.S. student and applied to UoSaskatchewan and UoGuelph as well as several American schools for an MFA in creative writing.  Still waiting on Guelph, but Saskatchewan reached out to me really early about a scholarship and then made an official offer the last week in January.  $16,000 and a possible assistantship.  I also got into Minnesota State, but the funding isn't as good, and the program doesn't feel as nice of a fit.  Still waiting on eight more applications though!

Congratulations to everyone that got in!

2 hours ago, Ekinsu92 said:

Has any PhD applicant heard any words from York, McMaster and Carleton sociology? 

I'm tired of waiting ?

York sociology is meeting Friday afternoon. Decisions will be sent out by Monday end of day. I called yesterday and that is what I was told.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:48 AM, Sagnik_G said:

I am. I applied to Carleton, McGill, Alberta and a few other unis in Canada. I do know that the Carleton application is being reviewed right now, I could hear back any time from this week to mid March and the wait is excruciating. 

Hello, glad to know that I am not alone in this wait. Alright then. I do hope we hear from them this week cause I have been checking my application status nearly everyday. 

22 hours ago, j16j said:

Me too. I applied to Ryerson and UBC. I wonder has anyone heard back from them? I've been checking my email and gradcafe everyday too and it seems like no one has got an offer; or just no one submitted the results?

Ryerson does not even make it easy because after I uploaded all my documents, I never got a confirmation or anything else and it’s freaking me out. I do hope they would inform everyone by next week at least so our minds can be at peace.  

On 2/27/2018 at 11:19 AM, j16j said:

I applied to Ryerson for the MPPA program, which apparently doesn't send out offers until mid-March.

Still no news whatsoever. Does anyone have  heard/read anything from MA or Med in Counselling ?

At OISE my 2nd choice is Social Justice.

My fears dwell on the possibility that it is March and no news may lead to bad news. Any hits on this?

Good luck to all !

12 hours ago, barl0025 said:

York sociology is meeting Friday afternoon. Decisions will be sent out by Monday end of day. I called yesterday and that is what I was told.

Is this just for the Ph.D programs or for the masters programs as well?