How did you find TheGradCafe?

AnxiousNerd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I googled tips and tricks for applying to graduate school. Why? Well, I guess I was afraid that I'd miss some special super secret way to make my applications better. Silly? Probably but I was on my third cup of coffee and reading through Hero and Leander by Spencer and needed a break. So far I love it. I could see myself still being here after I get accepted just to help out other people.

• 3 weeks later...

I was searching for information on speech pathology post-bacc programs. I posted twice to get some advice, then forgot about it for six months. I then read on a blog that you absolutely should not start checking the results page because it would ruin your life. The rest is history.

• 1 month later...

I was warned by the graduate student that I assist about this site and forgot about it. Then, I submitted applications and anxiety crept up so I did a search on the application statuses. So here I am, now giving in and signing up for an account. 

My supervisor at my internship told me about it one day when we were talking about my applications. She's ABD right now and said it was both amazing (for the forums) and horrible (the constant checking of the results page). I initially thought I would stay away so I didn't fall prey to the same anxiety over others getting results but I ended up here no less than 10 minutes after I submitted my final application.

It's been a few years, but I think something on the site (forums or the results search) popped up with a Google search.  At the time I wasn't ready to apply but knew I would in the future so I was more of a lurker than anything else.  I've certainly learned a lot from some members on here, and became more neurotic from spamming the results search function during application season.  ?

• 1 month later...

Found this the summer after sophomore year in undergrad. Searching for info on how to get into grad school and stumbled upon this site after a google search, followed some 2016/2017 threads but didn't post often. Left the account dormant to focus on undergrad. Then came back when Fall 2019 started.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished all of my applications, and then I had questions and was curious about other people’s experiences and did a search. Most of the Google results kept pointing me towards this site. And the rest is history.

Edited by LizKay
typo

• 3 weeks later...