How did you find TheGradCafe?

AnxiousNerd

I found The Grad Cafe a few years ago when I was first seriously researching how to apply to PhD programs. MIT Sloan had a link to a document written by a former student which I have found very useful since. In it, the author specifically calls out The Grad Cafe as a good resource for admissions results. There are a few other good resources in there as well!

"A Guide to Business PhD Applications" by Abhishek Nagaraj 

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/uploadedfiles/phd-guide.pdf

Yeah, I think I googled "grad school acceptance status" or something like that.  I've known about it for a while, but didn't actually join until I needed SOMETHING to do while I waited.

For me it was definitely from Internet searches into various topics relating to the graduate school application process.  I no longer remember what that initial first search was, and I had landed on GradCafe numerous times over the course of six months or so before signing up.  I do know that I did join so I could respond to a particular thread, though.  

Known about for years, (I think since I was at least a senior in h.s.) but did not join until after I got accepted to my M.S. last year. I figured its a right of passage for stressed out (grad) students. Anyway, I'm in it for the long run from starting 1st year of masters to applying and continuing to a PhD later. :)

I was searching for more information about grad school status updates and whatnot when it showed up in the Google search. I didn't get in that cycle, but I made wonderful connections and utilized the forum as a resource to improve my app this cycle (which has led to admission, so definitely a good resource). :D 

• 3 months later...

UCSD had a really weirdly worded essay question on their application that wasn't on the applications for any of the other schools I was applying to. Googled the question prompt with quotes around it, and found a few gradcafe posts made by other equally confused applicants. Haven't really left since then, and I attribute my successful application season to a lot of the advice shared on these forums. 

I had some business travel proposed for early last spring, and I was trying to research which of my programs had interview weekends and to get a good guess as to when those interview weekends usually are. One of the programs I searched for had mentions of interviews on their GradCafe results page, so I checked the rest of my programs and clicked around a bit.

• 1 month later...