BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

3 hours ago, Cantaloupe121 said:

Yes - BU and Simmons.  I got into Simmons.   I haven't heard from BU yet.

I got into Simmons too! Waiting for financial package. I read somewhere that they are really generous with their packages. 

I only applied to BC and Simmons. BC is my top choice though. 

20 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I got into Simmons too! Waiting for financial package. I read somewhere that they are really generous with their packages. 

I only applied to BC and Simmons. BC is my top choice though. 

I also got into Simmons and am waiting on my financial aid package... the waiting is driving me a little bit crazy, haha.

3 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

@doctormelody same! especially when they're only giving us a 4 week window to decide. I just want to hear back from BC and get both financial aid packages.

Yep, same - although I don't really expect to get into BC, I also applied to BU and it would be nice to have options.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:40 AM, NYMSW2018 said:

Just to update: Haven't heard back from BC or BU yet. Been refreshing my email crazy every day!

Hey, just curious, when did you apply to BU? I applied on the deadline (2/15) and I'm scared I'm not gonna hear back until like April now because I have no idea of how long they usually take to get back to people, lol. Did anyone else here also apply to BU?

2 hours ago, doctormelody said:

Hey, just curious, when did you apply to BU? I applied on the deadline (2/15) and I'm scared I'm not gonna hear back until like April now because I have no idea of how long they usually take to get back to people, lol. Did anyone else here also apply to BU?

I applied to BU I believe Feb 8th and BC Feb 2nd. I called BC and they said they’re sending out small batches of decisions every week. I’ve been accepted to UPenn and just want to see my other aid packages before I accept 

9 minutes ago, NYMSW2018 said:

I applied to BU I believe Feb 8th and BC Feb 2nd. I called BC and they said they’re sending out small batches of decisions every week. I’ve been accepted to UPenn and just want to see my other aid packages before I accept 

Gotcha. Thanks for responding. And congrats on UPenn!

7 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

You got into Simmons, too, right? Did you get your financial aid package from them yet? I feel like they're giving me the runaround but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

The only thing I got from Simmons was an e-mail with my merit award, that's it. Did you get something else? 

6 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

The only thing I got from Simmons was an e-mail with my merit award, that's it. Did you get something else? 

No, I didn't even get that! :( It's making me think I didn't get any kind of merit award, but if that is the case, I want them to just tell me instead of dragging it out, y'know? They told me to expect something in the mail.

Last week when I called them they made it sound like they were still deciding whether I would get a scholarship or not, so I didn't want to put too much pressure on them about it in case that could affect any award I might receive. 

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Last week when I called them they made it sound like they were still deciding whether I would get a scholarship or not, so I didn't want to put too much pressure on them about it in case that could affect any award I might receive. 

I got the e-mail on Saturday. Hopefully they send yours out soon. It didn't specify whether or not I was going to get anything through mail. 

5 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I got the e-mail on Saturday. Hopefully they send yours out soon. It didn't specify whether or not I was going to get anything through mail. 

Ah okay. Do you mind if I ask when you applied and when you were accepted?

5 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Ah okay. Do you mind if I ask when you applied and when you were accepted?

I submitted my application 1/4, but all my materials were all in by 1/10. I got an email on 2/17 that they mailed out my decision, but I got emails days after that I was invited to the Accepted Reception.