BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

4 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I submitted my application 1/4, but all my materials were all in by 1/10. I got an email on 2/17 that they mailed out my decision, but I got emails days after that I was invited to the Accepted Reception.

That's so funny, the exact same thing happened to me - I got the email saying that they had mailed the decision on Saturday the 17th, and then got the email about the Accepted Student Reception that Monday, so I called them and they confirmed that I had been accepted. I didn't submit until 1/20, though.

30 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

That's so funny, the exact same thing happened to me - I got the email saying that they had mailed the decision on Saturday the 17th, and then got the email about the Accepted Student Reception that Monday, so I called them and they confirmed that I had been accepted. I didn't submit until 1/20, though.

Hopefully you hear back soon about financial aid then! *fingers crossed*

Also, I've been wanting to call BC. But it seems like they've been giving everyone the same answer. 

I'm applying for the 3-year program so I wonder if that's on a different timeline. 

12 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

Hopefully you hear back soon about financial aid then! *fingers crossed*

Thank you, I hope so, too!

8 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

Also, I've been wanting to call BC. But it seems like they've been giving everyone the same answer. 

I'm applying for the 3-year program so I wonder if that's on a different timeline. 

What answer are they giving everyone? Sorry I'm so clueless, lol.

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Thank you, I hope so, too!

What answer are they giving everyone? Sorry I'm so clueless, lol.

it seems like everyone on this thread, at least, are getting answers like that they'll be sending out decisions within the next couple weeks or so. 

1 hour ago, ngoc9 said:

it seems like everyone on this thread, at least, are getting answers like that they'll be sending out decisions within the next couple weeks or so. 

Gotcha. I sure hope so! Although I couldn't really complain if it was later - I haven't been waiting that long.

Hi guys just wanted to let you know I heard back via email from Boston College on Tuesday, 2/27 around 11 AM EST that I was admitted into their Advanced Standing Clinical program and that a letter was on its way.

I called and she verified that they were sending the letter out on Friday the 2nd. Maybe this helps!

1 hour ago, Lo-Waldo11 said:

Hi guys just wanted to let you know I heard back via email from Boston College on Tuesday, 2/27 around 11 AM EST that I was admitted into their Advanced Standing Clinical program and that a letter was on its way.

I called and she verified that they were sending the letter out on Friday the 2nd. Maybe this helps!

Thanks for letting us know! Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

16 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Thanks for letting us know! Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

I submitted 11/10, and my professors that recommended me submitted their recommendations by 12/2/17 (don't know if that has an influence on when they considered my application "complete")

10 minutes ago, Lo-Waldo11 said:

I submitted 11/10, and my professors that recommended me submitted their recommendations by 12/2/17 (don't know if that has an influence on when they considered my application "complete")

Gotcha, thanks so much!

1 hour ago, ngoc9 said:

I called and she said my application was still being reviewed. But that I should be hearing back soon. This is stressing me out. lol 

That sounds frustrating, I'm sorry. You applied in early January, right? Do you have a deadline to get back to other schools?

38 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

That sounds frustrating, I'm sorry. You applied in early January, right? Do you have a deadline to get back to other schools?

Simmons wants an answer by March 26th. So hopefully I will hear back before then.

5 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

Simmons wants an answer by March 26th. So hopefully I will hear back before then.

Yeah, that was the date they gave me as well. I managed to get an extension until April 6th, but the Director of Admissions told me that responding that late might limit my field placement opportunities. :(

16 hours ago, doctormelody said:

Has anyone heard anything from BC recently? @ngoc9? I applied less than two weeks ago so I shouldn't even be stressing out yet but I can't help it, haha.

Nothing ? it’s been 7 weeks for me. I thought I would have heard back already. 

8 minutes ago, NYMSW2018 said:

STILL haven't heard back from BC or BU. Kind of frustrating but I'm only in 4 weeks so it looks like I'll be waiting more :(

When did you apply? I submitted on 12/16 and received my acceptance email from BC 2/22

Edited by lostxoco

A depressing update: I got rejected from BU on Wednesday, and I applied 2/15, so they have definitely started to get back to people. Haven't heard anything from BC yet, but I'm pretty sure they're more selective than BU, so I'm not hopeful.

3 hours ago, doctormelody said:

A depressing update: I got rejected from BU on Wednesday, and I applied 2/15, so they have definitely started to get back to people. Haven't heard anything from BC yet, but I'm pretty sure they're more selective than BU, so I'm not hopeful.

I'm so sorry to hear that. You will find a school that best fits you and values you :)  Did they email or mail you if I may ask?

Just to double-check, BC doesn't send you any kind of notification when your application is complete, right? I think I called them and they said they had everything but I've done that for several schools so now I'm not entirely sure... :(