BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

6 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Nothing for me yet either. Do you have a deadline to get back to other schools? I’ve just resigned myself to not calling or emailing anymore, they’ll get back to me whenever they see fit.

12 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

Has anyone heard anything today? No emails or calls yet for me. Hoping they let me know by today 

It seems like they're sending out decisions at 11am - or at least thats the time stamp from everyone that has heard back. 

I logged into my BC portal and they added a few links and sections. "Grad Enrollment Deposit" and the financial aid section. I think I got in!!!!

No emailed yet though.

Edited by ngoc9

22 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I logged into my BC portal and they added a few links and sections. "Grad Enrollment Deposit" and the financial aid section. I think I got in!!!!

No emailed yet though.

Congratulations!!! Do you mind specifying where they added the links? Just on the page after you log in to the portal?

6 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Congratulations!!! Do you mind specifying where they added the links? Just on the page after you log in to the portal?

Thank you! and yes, under Account and Personal Info section.

1 hour ago, ngoc9 said:

No emailed yet though.

Yup, this section for me says "congratulations on being accepted", I think it appeared close in proximity to my e-mail. 

10 minutes ago, NYMSW2018 said:

Yup, this section for me says "congratulations on being accepted", I think it appeared close in proximity to my e-mail. 

Did they notify you about scholarships/loans in the same email they sent your decision? or was it a separate email/letter?

9 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

Did they notify you about scholarships/loans in the same email they sent your decision? or was it a separate email/letter?

I have a separate tab for my financial award on the portal which I also noticed before my acceptance e-mail! It wasn't included in the e-mail and I did not receive the letter yet!

17 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

Awesome. Congrats. What was your gpa and experience by chance 

My cumulative GPA was pretty low, 2.9. BC asked for my junior/senior year GPA which was a 3.4. I didn't take the GRE though. I did my undergrad at BC. I was a double major in Applied Psychology and Human Development, and Sociology. 

I applied for the 3-year program so that I could work full time and go to school. This is my first year out of college. I decided to take a gap year before going back for my masters. I currently work at a nativity middle school. I'm on the administration team. My job title is pretty much Alumni Support Counselor and Family Transition. 

In college, I signed up for multiple mentoring programs (mentoring first year students and helping them with their transitions, and culture club "family"/group mentoring). BC undergrad offers PULSE for their theology/philosophy requirement, which requires the student to take the class and do a full year of service. My placement was at a community center in Brighton and in the Home Tutoring/Mentoring program. I was matched with a student in the community and I helped with her homework and we were required to have companionship time. A lot of one-on-one. I also taught a SAT prep course for Let's Get Ready during one of my summer (also did college prep mentoring). I also interned for GEAR-UP (Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness for Undergrad Program) throughout high school and during one semester my senior year of college. I also interned at a high school under the Assistant Headmaster. I did a lot of logistic stuff during my time there, and was given the chance to shadow and help out guidance counselors. I was also there when there was a lot of things happening in the city and they brought in Trauma Counselors. I helped with a lot of event planning, etc. 

I eventually want to become a school social worker. 

1 hour ago, ngoc9 said:

My cumulative GPA was pretty low, 2.9. BC asked for my junior/senior year GPA which was a 3.4. I didn't take the GRE though. I did my undergrad at BC. I was a double major in Applied Psychology and Human Development, and Sociology. 

I applied for the 3-year program so that I could work full time and go to school. This is my first year out of college. I decided to take a gap year before going back for my masters. I currently work at a nativity middle school. I'm on the administration team. My job title is pretty much Alumni Support Counselor and Family Transition. 

In college, I signed up for multiple mentoring programs (mentoring first year students and helping them with their transitions, and culture club "family"/group mentoring). BC undergrad offers PULSE for their theology/philosophy requirement, which requires the student to take the class and do a full year of service. My placement was at a community center in Brighton and in the Home Tutoring/Mentoring program. I was matched with a student in the community and I helped with her homework and we were required to have companionship time. A lot of one-on-one. I also taught a SAT prep course for Let's Get Ready during one of my summer (also did college prep mentoring). I also interned for GEAR-UP (Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness for Undergrad Program) throughout high school and during one semester my senior year of college. I also interned at a high school under the Assistant Headmaster. I did a lot of logistic stuff during my time there, and was given the chance to shadow and help out guidance counselors. I was also there when there was a lot of things happening in the city and they brought in Trauma Counselors. I helped with a lot of event planning, etc. 

I eventually want to become a school social worker. 

That’s amazing. Congrats again. Yeah my GPA is about a 3.5 and I was hoping they would take experience into account. But no news yet, so that’s probabably bad news 

45 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

That’s amazing. Congrats again. Yeah my GPA is about a 3.5 and I was hoping they would take experience into account. But no news yet, so that’s probabably bad news 

I don’t think that’s necessarily true at all. You only applied like three weeks ago, right? I’m pretty sure @ngoc9 here had to wait over two months for the good news!

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

Me too. It’s after 11 and no email. If they don’t let me know by this week I am going to call. This is getting crazy 

Yeah, if they don’t let me know by Thursday I’m gonna call because they told me within two weeks on the 15th. Gahhhh. I just want to know!!!

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Yeah, if they don’t let me know by Thursday I’m gonna call because they told me within two weeks on the 15th. Gahhhh. I just want to know!!!

I called a few hours ago. I wasn’t going to but it was driving me crazy. They said my application is still under review. I tried  to ask when they will have all the results in but I loss cell connection. She was really nice though and understood the frustration. I would call her if I were you. They are there to help!

1 hour ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

I called a few hours ago. I wasn’t going to but it was driving me crazy. They said my application is still under review. I tried  to ask when they will have all the results in but I loss cell connection. She was really nice though and understood the frustration. I would call her if I were you. They are there to help!

Yeah. Maybe I will try tomorrow if I haven’t heard anything by noon. I’m just afraid of annoying them.