BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

Well, I just emailed them, against my better judgment... will let you all know what they say. Is anyone else still waiting for a decision besides me and @Patriotsfan17? Also, @ngoc9, did they send you scholarship info yet?

Edit: Nvm, just saw that you said they added a Financial Aid section on Agora. Would you mind sharing what they gave you, if you're comfortable? If not, I completely understand.

Edited by doctormelody

1 hour ago, doctormelody said:

Well, I just emailed them, against my better judgment... will let you all know what they say. Is anyone else still waiting for a decision besides me and @Patriotsfan17? Also, @ngoc9, did they send you scholarship info yet?

Edit: Nvm, just saw that you said they added a Financial Aid section on Agora. Would you mind sharing what they gave you, if you're comfortable? If not, I completely understand.

I haven’t received anything about merit or loans. I think it’s because I didn’t send in my financial aid application form sooner. I’m planning to call them tomorrow and ask when I’ll be hearing about financial aid. I sent out the form today but hopefully they’ll let me scan and email them instead so I’ll get a quicker response ?? I also hope it doesn’t mean that I’m not getting any scholarship 

4 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I haven’t received anything about merit or loans. I think it’s because I didn’t send in my financial aid application form sooner. I’m planning to call them tomorrow and ask when I’ll be hearing about financial aid. I sent out the form today but hopefully they’ll let me scan and email them instead so I’ll get a quicker response ?? I also hope it doesn’t mean that I’m not getting any scholarship 

Oh okay that’s good to know, thank you! I hope you hear good news soon!

15 hours ago, ngoc9 said:

They will send you info about scholarship in the mail with the official letter 

29 minutes ago, lostxoco said:

They will send you info about scholarship in the mail with the official letter 

How long did you wait to get your letter after the email?

11 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

I haven't gotten a response to my email yet. Getting kind of nervous I made a mistake by sending it... ahhh.

Their office closed at 4 yesterday so hopefully they will reply today when they open!!

Just got the weirdest email response:

"Hello _____ ,

Thank you for your interest in Boston College School of Social Work. 

Your application is completed and has been  reviewed.
Your decision letter was sent out on 3/23/18.

Best of Luck!"

?????? I assume this means I was rejected, but I was under the impression that they send out all their decisions via email? Why would they bother to send me a letter in the mail? Oh, this is so confusing. I guess it's also possible I was waitlisted? I probably shouldn't hold on to hope, though...

Edited by doctormelody

K, so. I just called them and they said that they don't send out decisions via email at all. I specifically asked "do you send out email notifications to people who have been accepted?" and the lady on the phone said no. I don't know why she would lie to me, but based on the experiences of people on this thread, that can't be true. I'm honestly so sad right now.

52 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

K, so. I just called them and they said that they don't send out decisions via email at all. I specifically asked "do you send out email notifications to people who have been accepted?" and the lady on the phone said no. I don't know why she would lie to me, but based on the experiences of people on this thread, that can't be true. I'm honestly so sad right now.

That's pretty weird that they won't just tell you. I'm sorry that they're doing this! That's so frustrating.

11 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

That's pretty weird that they won't just tell you. I'm sorry that they're doing this! That's so frustrating.

It is weird and unfortunate but I’m just hoping I get the letter today. Will keep you guys posted but I am definitely assuming it’s a rejection at this point. ?

59 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

It is weird and unfortunate but I’m just hoping I get the letter today. Will keep you guys posted but I am definitely assuming it’s a rejection at this point. ?

when did you submit your application? When I called yesterday, the lady told me via postal mail. Then when I called three weeks ago I was told email and mail. I think it depends who you talk to. I hope you get positive results. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

when did you submit your application? When I called yesterday, the lady told me via postal mail. Then when I called three weeks ago I was told email and mail. I think it depends who you talk to. I hope you get positive results. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

I submitted on 2/24 but I think if I had been accepted it would have updated on Agora... plus @ngoc9 got an email just yesterday. Thank you for the kind wishes, though! You still haven’t heard anything, I take it?

Hi all,

A quick question- I submitted on 2/3 and my Agora was updated yesterday that I was accepted into the program, but I have not received anything via email or mail. For others who have been accepted, how long after you noticed your Agora update did you receive a letter/email?

28 minutes ago, MSWF2018 said:

Hi all,

A quick question- I submitted on 2/3 and my Agora was updated yesterday that I was accepted into the program, but I have not received anything via email or mail. For others who have been accepted, how long after you noticed your Agora update did you receive a letter/email?

my portal was updated on friday but didn't receive an email until yesterday! probably because of the weekend. So you'll probably get something soon!