Fall 2018 Waitlist Thread

clinpsydreams2018

38 minutes ago, clinical_chicana said:

how do people feel about accepting a waitlist offer? I decided not to accept an offer from a school because I felt like since I was not the first choice, I wasn't truly wanted in the program. 

On paper someone else may have just had slightly more qualifications. This may or may not have anything to do with fit. If you got off the waitlist, that’s a big achievement!

2 hours ago, clinical_chicana said:

how do people feel about accepting a waitlist offer? I decided not to accept an offer from a school because I felt like since I was not the first choice, I wasn't truly wanted in the program. 

I did think about this too. At one school I was more of a priority waitlist and at two others I was towards the middle of the list. It does sting the pride a bit not being the top choice but a good offer is a good offer at the end of the day.

10 hours ago, clinical_chicana said:

Sure I want to be their nr 1 choice. But - I don't want my ego to get in the way. I just want the best education possible, and I know if I get in I'll prove them wrong. My ego is hurt, but I care more about my education

16 hours ago, clinical_chicana said:

Like others have said, I'd also feel "butt-hurt" about the prospect of accepting a waitlist offer as a "second choice" candidate. That being said, with how competitive it is to get admitted into a respectable, funded Ph.D Clinical Psychology program, I'd suggest swallowing one's pride and taking that waitlist offer if it's a good program or in the case that you have no other offers.

Edited by JoePianist

20 minutes ago, CounselingPsychApp2018 said:

So this is probably a dumb question..

But since 4/15 is on a Sunday, will faculty be working to accommodate last minute decisions? Is there a chance we could hear from places we've been waitlisted over the weekend? 

CUDPC says when April 15th happens on a weekend, people have until midnight the following Monday to decide.......here's to another 24 hours of potential waiting!!

http://cudcp.wildapricot.org/Resources/Documents/CUDCP Policy on Graduate Program Offers and Acceptances (FULL version).pdf

32 minutes ago, CounselingPsychApp2018 said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from a place? I emailed a school where I'm waitlisted on the 16th to check in and they didn't respond. Still haven't heard back from them.

Hi, I am also still waiting to hear back! April 15 falling on a Sunday did not help. Which school are you waitlisted?