I also received an acceptance today - I specified hci and theories of social influence on the app

considering the size of the program if all acceptances were out there would be more responses (?) so I wouldn’t consider it a lost cause just yet 

1 hour ago, YCK said:

Congrats!! 

I did not hear back from them yet... One thing that is different is that I specified Data Analysis instead HCI. 

When did you receive the mail that confirms your application? Can I ask you what was your numbers for GRE and GPA? Also, are you going to accept the admission offer? 

Thank you! I submitted the app mid-Dec, but the system said my app was completed on 1/5. I didn't take GRE and my GPA is 3.7. I'm still waiting for other results! My decision would also depend on whether I get a scholarship cause this program is so expensive. Not sure if they already announced the results for merit-based scholarships.  
Looking at the admissions last year, it seems like some people got their acceptance letters on different days, so don't give up! 

Edited by cywa

Anyone waiting for a decision the fb group posted the following:

"Decision Notices: Decisions will continue to be sent over the next few weeks so continue to monitor your email and online application portal for updates."

Hi all! I applied for the MSI program as well! I got an incredibly generic email Friday night (3/2) to check the applicant portal and I was accepted! No mention of scholarships or funding, and I specified UX Research/Design interest on my application. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

19 minutes ago, ActualPerson said:

Hi all! I applied for the MSI program as well! I got an incredibly generic email Friday night (3/2) to check the applicant portal and I was accepted! No mention of scholarships or funding, and I specified UX Research/Design interest on my application. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hi! Could you tell me what time did you get your email? 

Thank you 

22 hours ago, YCK said:

Hi! Could you tell me what time did you get your email? 

Thank you 

I received my email at 5:42pm...don't give up hope just because it seems to be getting later! You never know when good news will pop up!

28 minutes ago, ActualPerson said:

I received my email at 5:42pm...don't give up hope just because it seems to be getting later! You never know when good news will pop up!

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Just one more question, when did you submit your application and when did you receive the email saying your application is completed?

Thanksss!  

22 minutes ago, YCK said:

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Just one more question, when did you submit your application and when did you receive the email saying your application is completed?

Thanksss!  

Of course! I submitted it ON the priority deadline (it might've been a few minutes past midnight, but we'll just say 1/15). I received my email instructing me to check to server this last Friday, 3/2. Very recent!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

13 minutes ago, ActualPerson said:

Of course! I submitted it ON the priority deadline (it might've been a few minutes past midnight, but we'll just say 1/15). I received my email instructing me to check to server this last Friday, 3/2. Very recent!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Thankss!

Did you ever received an email saying

"Thank you for submitting your required information. Your application is now complete. We will now move your application into the next phase of app review."?
If so, could you tell me the date? 
Edited by YCK

17 hours ago, YCK said:

Thankss!

Did you ever received an email saying

"Thank you for submitting your required information. Your application is now complete. We will now move your application into the next phase of app review."?
If so, could you tell me the date? 

I did! I got it about 8 hours after I submitted the application, on 1/16. 

30 minutes ago, BigHug said:

Still waiting for the result...tomorrow is the last workday of this week...hope for good news:unsure:

BTW...My application complete late on 2/20, though I submitted on 1/15... is it relevant to the decision? 

Im still waiting for the result too, and I also received the application completion notification around Jan 22. 

Hope we hear some good news tmr! 

The waiting is really torturing! 

I completed my application way before the 1/15 deadline... International applicant with a social science/ humanities background, no working experience.  UMICH is the only school I applied to. Heard there is a strong sense of identity and bonding among alumni which is completely lacking in my undergrad school. Really want to go to Ann Arbor, and be part of the UMICH community=.= Gosh anxiety is really consuming my life lately...