3 hours ago, maestrae said:

Nope. Still waiting on that and it is killing me. I'm international by the way. They said on the FB page 1 to 2 weeks so by the end of this week, i'll be 2 weeks for me. I'm worried because I saw on the accepted page that some folks had already gotten their funding award so I dunno. Maybe it'll pop up tomorrow since the admission came on a Friday. 

What page are you referring to that you saw some folks had received their award? I’m so anxious! 

1 hour ago, maestrae said:

Oh noooo how did I miss that?! Now I’m really worried :( I wonder if it’s just that specialization that’s been notified, or if it’s everyone...

58 minutes ago, YCK said:

I guess no one got their admission result on this week. 

Hate this... 

This is really torturing!:(

I thought they would at least release some of the results this week...just like the last two weeks....

34 minutes ago, BigHug said:

This is really torturing!:(

I thought they would at least release some of the results this week...just like the last two weeks....

They will release more admission result by next week.

I am pretty sure. They are just having really busy days due to enormous amount of applications 

5 hours ago, YCK said:

They will release more admission result by next week.

I am pretty sure. They are just having really busy days due to enormous amount of applications 

I guess they are enjoying their spring break... Hopefully! :) 

10 hours ago, Karlin said:

Wooowo I am an international applicant. You are right! Haha

Ahhh.. I hate this waiting.  Karlin, if we are being more realistic, do you think we still have the chance to get the admission? 

I asked different people about their application submission dates and some people even applied later than the date I did. 

23 hours ago, YCK said:

Ahhh.. I hate this waiting.  Karlin, if we are being more realistic, do you think we still have the chance to get the admission? 

I asked different people about their application submission dates and some people even applied later than the date I did. 

I believe they started reviewing the materials after the application deadline, so this is reasonable. Maybe those strongest applicants got admitted first.

Let's cross figures and wait for the news. It seems like decisions have not been sent out completely, and two days ago I saw one post on a Chinese forum saying that the UMSI committee told them the results should be out by April. There are still chances for us I believe. :) 

3 hours ago, Karlin said:

I believe they started reviewing the materials after the application deadline, so this is reasonable. Maybe those strongest applicants got admitted first.

Let's cross figures and wait for the news. It seems like decisions have not been sent out completely, and two days ago I saw one post on a Chinese forum saying that the UMSI committee told them the results should be out by April. There are still chances for us I believe. :) 

Thank you for your encouragement :))) 

Best of luck to us !

Someone asked about funding status on the FB page and a UMSI rep replied that a funding update will be sent this week. They also said this about admission decisions : 

"We are continuing to send decisions as they are available. We received a significant increase in applications this year and it has caused some unexpected delays. We recognize it is a stressful process and we appreciate your patience as we continue to review and send decisions in the coming weeks."

So I guess hang in there for all of us? 

35 minutes ago, ohdeargodwhy said:

I have a feeling Michigan simply accepts everyone then let’s funding filter them out 

I don't think that is true.

I am currently working on my master's degree at the U of M (completely different field of study), and I have a friend who is working at MSI office. He told me the approximate acceptance rate for this year is 30~40 percent. 

I’m sure you all got the funding update email today...no funding offer as of now ?

I’m pretty sad at this point. That’s a huge financial undertaking without funding. Just as the dream seemed within reach...

Yea I’m with you. I emailed saying funding was an issue - but I’m weighing this with my acceptance at Bloomington which comes with taship scholarship and savings and will require minimum debt. 

Really wish I had known before I bought a flight for visiting weekend. No point in hearing a sales pitch for a program with 45k tuition. 

They really seem to think if you looooove the program enough you’ll be willing to take out 100k+ in loans like it’s no big deal. I still have debt from undergrad no way would I take out that much. 

12 hours ago, ohdeargodwhy said:

Yea I’m with you. I emailed saying funding was an issue - but I’m weighing this with my acceptance at Bloomington which comes with taship scholarship and savings and will require minimum debt. 

Really wish I had known before I bought a flight for visiting weekend. No point in hearing a sales pitch for a program with 45k tuition. 

They really seem to think if you looooove the program enough you’ll be willing to take out 100k+ in loans like it’s no big deal. I still have debt from undergrad no way would I take out that much. 

I really wish I had applied to IU...I ended up not applying because one of my LOR was coming in late and their website made it sound like they offered little to no financial assistance. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. 

But you’re right, they definitely seem to think folks will pursue that option. I was prepared to take on loans but I’m not about to take on six figures in addition to my undergrad. 

Is there any way to switch your flight or cancel it? That’s really frustrating :(

48 minutes ago, ActualPerson said:

I really wish I had applied to IU...I ended up not applying because one of my LOR was coming in late and their website made it sound like they offered little to no financial assistance. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. 

But you’re right, they definitely seem to think folks will pursue that option. I was prepared to take on loans but I’m not about to take on six figures in addition to my undergrad. 

Is there any way to switch your flight or cancel it? That’s really frustrating :(

My flight was only $120 so I'm probably going to eat it. I don't see the point in going to a sale's pitch for a program costing 45k a year + living expenses. I might as well have been rejected - or the program could be located on the moon - I can't go. 

Hope you have other options as well.

1 hour ago, ActualPerson said:

Yup, IU did make it seem that way! I guess I'm going to have to put them on my list as I reapply for next year. I heard Bentley gives a 40% discount too so that's somewhere else I'll be applying.  It's going to suck having to bother my recommenders again but I guess the silver lining is I can say I did get accepted but didn't get any money so they know I'm not a lost cause haha.