Backup plan A-Z?

I'm an SLP assistant in a school district in Texas so in the the summer I plan on taking a graduate level class. I was told some programs accept up to 9 credits of graduate work even before you are accepted in to a program. Either way, I think it would help my GPA and show that I can get A's in graduate level course work.  I hope I don't have to tho.....

Hi I am an Audiology applicant and I was curious of what kinds of internships we can get since we can’t do much with a communication Disorders bachelor’s degree?

1 hour ago, Ggslpa said:

I'm an SLP assistant in a school district in Texas so in the the summer I plan on taking a graduate level class. I was told some programs accept up to 9 credits of graduate work even before you are accepted in to a program. Either way, I think it would help my GPA and show that I can get A's in graduate level course work.  I hope I don't have to tho.....

How do you take graduate level classes without being accepted to a program? Is it in another field or do you just apply for them in your undergrad program? 

32 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

Hi I am an Audiology applicant and I was curious of what kinds of internships we can get since we can’t do much with a communication Disorders bachelor’s degree?

I emailed a private practice I've observed at and asked if they have considered having an intern. It worked out for me that they are expanding their practice now so they needed extra hands and took me in as an administrative assistant/ therapy assistant.

1 hour ago, AVSchilling1995 said:

How do you take graduate level classes without being accepted to a program? Is it in another field or do you just apply for them in your undergrad program? 

I was wait listed at ENMU and in the letter it said "Students may take up to 9 hours of graduate coursework prior to being formally admitted into the CDIS Program." I have emailed the department chair and I'm waiting to hear back.

2 hours ago, KGross12 said:

you can look into local universities that have research grants and get an internship/volunteer 

1 hour ago, hopefulSLP2be7 said:

you can look into local universities that have research grants and get an internship/volunteer 

I have already graduated from college and I can’t seem to find a job right now 

24 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

I have already graduated from college and I can’t seem to find a job right now 

I got an internship at a school as a post-grad (and it wasn't my college) in a research lab that i did on my year off

16 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

I was wait listed at ENMU and in the letter it said "Students may take up to 9 hours of graduate coursework prior to being formally admitted into the CDIS Program." I have emailed the department chair and I'm waiting to hear back.

This means you can apply to graduate school at ENMU (no particular program) and take a CDIS course as a non-degree graduate. I took 2 grad classes before being accepted into the program 

I know that my backup was to volunteer and get experience with children. I volunteered at an integrated preschool as a classroom assistant and also had the chance to observe an slp while I was there. It was a great opportunity and I think definitely helped my application for the next year.