Hello everyone! 

Two weeks ago I received an email notifying me that I was wait listed at Hofstra for the speech pathology program. I was pretty upset because this was my first choice, but I also really liked LIU Post's program. I started looking into post more- i even met with my graduate advisor and set up my schedule, went to admitted students day, and spoke with a bunch of graduate students. Everyone I spoke to had mostly positive things to say about the program and the professors. Therefore, i was very happy with my second choice...then today i received a phone call from Hofstra telling me i was accepted into their program! Im super grateful but now I am beyond torn between the two schools. Can someone who attended/will be attending either school help me out?  Why did you choose this program over another one?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! Sorry this isn't answering your question but I also got off the waitlist from Hofstra and I remember the person telling me about 70 hours to do something but I was too excited that I forgot what she was talking about.. Do you remember what that 70 hours was talking about? I received an email only stating that I will receive my official letter in 7-10 days but did you hear anything about a deposit? 
Thanks in advance and congrats! I would be torn between the 2 as well because I went to LIU for an interview and the program seemed great! 

@slpgrad620

Thanks! Congrats to you too!! Yeah, the woman told me I have until Thursday at noon to put down the deposit. i did not receive the email on how to put down the deposit yet, but I received another email stating this:

"I just wanted to follow up our phone call to you with an email.  We are happy to offer you a spot in our Graduate Speech-Language Pathology Program starting in Fall 2018.

You will be receiving an email shortly from Graduate Admissions with instructions for accepting or declining our offer by 4/19/2018 at 12:00pm.  In addition, when you do know your decision, it would be great if you could send me an email.

Thanks and we hope to see you at Hofstra for the Fall 2018 semester!"

Edited by AMI0209

On 4/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, AMI0209 said:

Hello everyone! 

Two weeks ago I received an email notifying me that I was wait listed at Hofstra for the speech pathology program. I was pretty upset because this was my first choice, but I also really liked LIU Post's program. I started looking into post more- i even met with my graduate advisor and set up my schedule, went to admitted students day, and spoke with a bunch of graduate students. Everyone I spoke to had mostly positive things to say about the program and the professors. Therefore, i was very happy with my second choice...then today i received a phone call from Hofstra telling me i was accepted into their program! Im super grateful but now I am beyond torn between the two schools. Can someone who attended/will be attending either school help me out?  Why did you choose this program over another one?

Thank you in advance!

I don't know much about either school but under the admission results for LIU Post I did read that some students were complaining about the program, specifically about a professor there.  Again, I'm unfamiliar with the school but that's just what I read. 

• 9 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:13 AM, Lfall2019 said:

hi! i was just wondering if you remember when you were notified you got accepted to these programs? I applied to both for this upcoming fall. Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing (totally okay if you don't want to) your GRE scores and GPA?

Thanks!

LIU Post- Accepted- offered interview on 1/16/18 (interview was some time in February); they called me very shortly after my interview to offer admission

Hofstra- Waitlisted- notified 3/28/18