DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

14 hours ago, Camilord said:

Hello everyone, i didn't received any email from the DAAD, I applied to epos scholarship (sept mba program at uni leipzig), will I still have a chance to get the scholarship? What do you think?

Reading the program faq, they say that interviews generally are not required, i applied directly to the university, not the daad platform.

Hi! I applied to the DAAD-EPOS, SEPT MBA program too. About 5 weeks ago (Mid-Feb, 2019) I had an interview with someone from the program. At the end of the interview I was told the results would be out "very soon" and that there are about 7 scholarships available. Last week I emailed the Uni, and they said that they cannot tell me anything as it is the responsibility of DAAD representatives to contact and update about my status.

I also have not used any online portals so far and I am from Nepal.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, amalieee said:

Anyone already got an email by DAAD-EPOS for language preparation course?

Hi, I also received an email from DAAD-EPOS and they asked me to make an account to DAAD Portal and told me that I should upload all the documents I mailed to the Uni I applied. They also asked me to register for the DUO course which they said will start on 8th of April. 

6 hours ago, Ice_Man49 said:

Hi! I applied to the DAAD-EPOS, SEPT MBA program too. About 5 weeks ago (Mid-Feb, 2019) I had an interview with someone from the program. At the end of the interview I was told the results would be out "very soon" and that there are about 7 scholarships available. Last week I emailed the Uni, and they said that they cannot tell me anything as it is the responsibility of DAAD representatives to contact and update about my status.

I also have not used any online portals so far and I am from Nepal.

Hi IceMan, thank for sharing that info, I really appreciate it. I think that we have to wait... On the other hand, how was the interview? What they did asked you? 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:46 AM, Artaud said:

Hey DSR dmv and sjdbx. Have you ever heard or consulted to you DAAD local office about someone who after being nominated as a reserve candidate got the scholarship? I'm in the same situation, waiting for an opportunity.

Nope ? i have never asked, but anyway I am not sure that we still have a chance, I do not think that any person that had received the scholarship is going to refuse it. 

I don't want to be pessimistic, but that is what my opinion.??

16 hours ago, kajka-CoA said:

Just had my status change to 'Funding' for the University Summer Course :)  

Congratulations

Was your statue "Selection Made" ?

How did take to Change to "Funding"

12 minutes ago, eirodriguez3 said:

A friend of mine did. He got the scholarship. I think the news reached him a week ago. 

Hi, do yo know what program did your friend applied to? 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, Nodirjon said:

Oh, this is so sad to hear. But let's hope for the best. Some of my friends were telling that anyone gets "selection made" status no matter if they receive funding or not. Especially previous DAAD scholars pointed out that "selection made" status means nothing. I will keep you updated in any case!

Even here you can observe that only selection made changes to Funding. I’ve never met someone who got Funding after preselection.

1 hour ago, Florenzi said:

Even here you can observe that only selection made changes to Funding. I’ve never met someone who got Funding after preselection.

I did met a person that went from preselection to funding, and other that went from paper copies received to funding, the application status means literally nothing. 

For future reference, in case anyone applying for the DAAD London scholarships looks back on this thread in future years:
My status for the DAAD Master's scholarship (all scientific disciplines, London) funding status has just changed from 'Application submitted' to 'Preselection made'. As far as I know, they held interviews at the beginning of this week - I wasn't invited, so I'm just waiting on the official rejection now. I can't remember my status changing to 'Preselection made' last year, but I know we got the rejection notice on the 9th April.

Hey guys, my first time posting here. I am waiting for the results for graduates of all academic disciplines... I only checked today that my status is "selection made". Apparently this means nothing. Is it true that we have been promised the info THIS MONTH (=today)? The anxiety is killing me...

I apply for DAAD Summer Courses and my application status changed from "Selection made" to "Funding" yesterday, but I still don't receive any email. Anyone konws what's the meaning of "Funding"? I ask the staff of DAAD office in my country and they tell me the result will come out at the end of this month, but today is the last work day of March.

I really check the portal 10 times a day and want some new messages!

Edited by Shanon168

Hello! I found something weird on the portal, when I click on the tab "Insurance", and the on the tab "Application", it comes up a pop-up message saying that I have already been insured by DAAD. Which is strange because I haven't been insured by them. My status is still “Selection Made”. Does this happens to you too?

On 3/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, Y.J Chen said:

I applied for university summer course, and my application status changed from selection made to funding yesterday. Hope you all get good news soon!!!?

Same the DAAD summer courses. My application status changed from selection made to funding too! But I don't get any more infos (email or new messages from portal) Is that meaning that I got the scholarship?

I am so nervous and check the portal several times.

Do you get email or any other messages after the status changed?

6 minutes ago, Artsgirl said:

Hello! I found something weird on the portal, when I click on the tab "Insurance", and the on the tab "Application", it comes up a pop-up message saying that I have already been insured by DAAD. Which is strange because I haven't been insured by them. My status is still “Selection Made”. Does this happens to you too?

Yeah this happens to me too. My status is still 'selection made' so I don't know what it means...

Edit: it might be just because of the previously submitted application, regardless of the status. In this case applying through the portal appears to be forbidden.

Edited by Emvfri

22 minutes ago, Emvfri said:

Yeah this happens to me too. My status is still 'selection made' so I don't know what it means...

Edit: it might be just because of the previously submitted application, regardless of the status. In this case applying through the portal appears to be forbidden.

My status is still Preselection made, and the insurance thing is same on my profile. 

During my interview which was in Jan,  the interviewers told me that the results will be published in April... And as I have seen on this forum, last year all of the result had been published by 6th of April. I assume that it's going to be same this year... 

I signed up for the DAAD masters scholarship for graduates of all disciplines, the status on the portal is still "preselection made" and a couple of hours ago I received this email from DAAD:

Dear applicants

With this e-mail we would like to inform you, that the DAAD selection committee has nominated you for a scholarship offered under the programme „Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines 19/20“.

Before sending you the official Scholarship Certificate and further scholarship documents, we would like to know, if you are still intending to take up the scholarship as planned. If your plans have changed in the meantime we kindly ask you to inform us as soon as possible, until April 4th, 2019 latest. If you still intend to take up the scholarship as planned you don’t have to take any further steps at the moment. Please wait for the official notification by the DAAD through the DAAD portal.

Please note that this message is just a notification about a nomination for a scholarship. It does not constitute a (legal) claim for a scholarship.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Could someone with experience tell me a bit about decrypting the bureaucratic language here? Does this basically mean that I was chosen for the scholarship and this is just to see if there are any applicants that are not going to go through with it, or is there another round of selection to be done? Should I be happy? haha

signed up for the DAAD masters scholarship for graduates of all disciplines, the status on the portal is still "preselection made" and a couple of hours ago I received this email from DAAD:

Dear applicants

With this e-mail we would like to inform you, that the DAAD selection committee has nominated you for a scholarship offered under the programme „Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines 19/20“.

Before sending you the official Scholarship Certificate and further scholarship documents, we would like to know, if you are still intending to take up the scholarship as planned. If your plans have changed in the meantime we kindly ask you to inform us as soon as possible, until April 4th, 2019 latest. If you still intend to take up the scholarship as planned you don’t have to take any further steps at the moment. Please wait for the official notification by the DAAD through the DAAD portal.

Please note that this message is just a notification about a nomination for a scholarship. It does not constitute a (legal) claim for a scholarship.

Could someone with experience tell me a bit about decrypting the bureaucratic language here? Does this basically mean that I was chosen for the scholarship and this is just to see if there are any applicants that are not going to go through with it, or is there another round of selection to be done? Should I be happy? haha

37 minutes ago, djjj said:

signed up for the DAAD masters scholarship for graduates of all disciplines, the status on the portal is still "preselection made" and a couple of hours ago I received this email from DAAD:

Dear applicants

Congratulations you got the scholarship 

Just now, Princess-pakistan said:

Congratulations you got the scholarship 

Thanks! Are you sure? Germans always communicate in such a cryptic bureaucratic language when it comes to these kinds of things

41 minutes ago, djjj said:

Congratulations !!!!

So theoretically it would mean that if you're applying to the "Study Scholarship for Graduates of all Disciplines 19/20" and you receive a response from DAAD after April 4th, it would most likely be a rejection. I would assume that they send acceptances first, wait for them to respond, and then send further acceptances or rejections after the stipulated date. 

1 minute ago, Artsgirl said:

So theoretically it would mean that if you're applying to the "Study Scholarship for Graduates of all Disciplines 19/20" and you receive a response from DAAD after April 4th, it would most likely be a rejection. I would assume that they send acceptances first, wait for them to respond, and then send further acceptances or rejections after the stipulated date. 

So you think this is an acceptance (and they are waiting to see if any of us have changed our minds about the scholarship so that someone else can get one if one of us decides not to take it)?

2 minutes ago, djjj said:

So you think this is an acceptance (and they are waiting to see if any of us have changed our minds about the scholarship so that someone else can get one if one of us decides not to take it)?

Exactly :) Congratulations! ?