DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

I contacted the course director I applied to because I received zero communications from DAAD and this is his reply. I hope we will receive soon the official acceptance letter and scholarship award certificate so we can start the visa application.  

3865A161-BDE9-433C-93A9-DEE63AB4F023.jpeg

Edited by Pkmnjan

1 hour ago, lsep said:

Applied to NY DAAD (US applicant) for Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines. As of this morning my status now says "Application Rejected" no email or notification 

Ugh, same. Where's the letter they usually send with it? Odd that the rejection would be there without the usual correspondence.

9 hours ago, MohNour said:

any news about Language Course Scholarship???

Hi! I also applied for summer course and "selection made" drives me crazy : D i already sent two e-mails. In one they replied that we will get the decisions at the end of February and in the second that in the middle of March. Soon it' s the end of March and i guess it' s a sign we can' t influence it : /

10 hours ago, kajka-CoA said:

Hi,

What summer course did you apply to? Mine is still "Selection made" as well for the University Summer Language Course.

I applied for University Summer Courses. Maybe these two are the same program?

4 hours ago, kasia396 said:

Hi! I also applied for summer course and "selection made" drives me crazy : D i already sent two e-mails. In one they replied that we will get the decisions at the end of February and in the second that in the middle of March. Soon it' s the end of March and i guess it' s a sign we can' t influence it : /

Mine is still "Application Submitted" I am Applying from Sudan , and you ?

At which email have emailed them ?

When did your Statues Change??

I've also applied for the language course grant and my status has been "selection made" since the middle of February! I called my regional DAAD office and was told that they would post the decisions by the end of the month so I'm hoping to hear this week! ?

10 hours ago, rimah19 said:

I've also applied for the language course grant and my status has been "selection made" since the middle of February! I called my regional DAAD office and was told that they would post the decisions by the end of the month so I'm hoping to hear this week! ?

Which Regional Office rimah19 in which country , I call mine (in Sudan) but didn't give me any useful info!!!

9 hours ago, Y.J Chen said:

I applied for university summer course, and my application status changed from selection made to funding yesterday. Hope you all get good news soon!!!?

Congratulations !!!

Hope we all hear gooood news like you

9 hours ago, Y.J Chen said:

I applied for university summer course, and my application status changed from selection made to funding yesterday. Hope you all get good news soon!!!?

How long did it took to change from "Selection Made" to "Funding"

3 hours ago, MohNour said:

Mine is still "Application Submitted" I am Applying from Sudan , and you ?

At which email have emailed them ?

When did your Statues Change??

Mine is "selection made" since middle February. I am from Poland and contacted my regional DAAD in Warsaw.

Hey folks! I applied to Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines 2019/2020, from Uzbekistan. Some of my friends' statuses changed from "preselection made" to "selection made". Mine is staying still. Does it have any meaning? Should I start worrying or? 

2 hours ago, Nodirjon said:

Hey folks! I applied to Study Scholarships for Graduates of All Disciplines 2019/2020, from Uzbekistan. Some of my friends' statuses changed from "preselection made" to "selection made". Mine is staying still. Does it have any meaning? Should I start worrying or? 

From my experience, candidates with preselection made get the straight rejection. Especially in Uzbekistan. Unfortunately, DAAD sends first approval of funding and then rejection, which is quite strange. 

Edited by Florenzi

9 hours ago, MohNour said:

Which Regional Office rimah19 in which country , I call mine (in Sudan) but didn't give me any useful info!!!

Congratulations !!!

Hope we all hear gooood news like you

How long did it took to change from "Selection Made" to "Funding"

Good luck!

It took 12 days to change the status.

1 hour ago, Florenzi said:

From my experience, candidates with preselection made get the straight rejection. Especially in Uzbekistan. Unfortunately, DAAD sends first approval of funding and then rejection, which is quite strange. 

Really? How do you know that? Doesn’t it depend on whether you have to attend an interview in that country or not?