DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

Hi, everyone. Anyone applying for the DAAD Research Grant for Ph.D. I applied last year without any luck so I'm trying my luck this year, again. Three weeks ago I got an email from the DAAD portal asking for my whereabouts in the months of January and February. I have already started my Ph.D. in Germany so of course, I told him I will be in Germany. He then told me that if I will be in my home country (Ghana) there will be an organized interview for all applicants. Since I told him I will be in Germany during the period I was informed then that my application will be decided based on the submitted documents in Bonn and no interview is required. 

When I applied last year from Ghana, there was no such message or interview. Anyone also in this situation? 

Edited by Gyedu

Hi, everyone. Anyone applying for the DAAD Research Grant for Ph.D. I applied last year without any luck so I'm trying my luck this year, again. Three weeks ago I got an email from the DAAD portal asking for my whereabouts in the months of January and February. I have already started my Ph.D. in Germany so of course, I told him I will be in Germany. He then told me that if I will be in my home country (Ghana) there will be an organized interview for all applicants. Since I told him I will be in Germany during the period I was informed then that my application will be decided based on the submitted documents in Bonn and no interview is required. 

When I applied last year from Ghana, there was no such message or interview. Anyone also in this situation? 

Hi, everyone! :) Me and my girlfriend are applying for the DAAD-EPOS scholarship. She got an e-mail from the university today saying she's shortlisted and will undergo an interview. Do you have any idea what the interview questions may be? Also, does the scholarship require all shortlisted candidates to be interviewed?

Edited by shaider900

11 hours ago, shaider900 said:

Hi, everyone! :) Me and my girlfriend are applying for the DAAD-EPOS scholarship. She got an e-mail from the university today saying she's shortlisted and will undergo an interview. Do you have any idea what the interview questions may be? Also, does the scholarship require all shortlisted candidates to be interviewed?

Please which school is that?

On 12/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, Gyedu said:

No, I also applied for DAAD research grants (1 year) and portal has been on "selection made" for almost 1 month I guess. No word or email from them yet. I had my interview in October 23. 

3 hours ago, Jairogut said:

No, I also applied for DAAD research grants (1 year) and portal has been on "selection made" for almost 1 month I guess. No word or email from them yet. I had my interview in October 23. 

Which country are you applying from? please

I applied for a Master's scholarship and a short-term (6 months) research grant to fund a summer internship in 2019. My portal current says "Application Submitted"

On Dec 13th I received an email saying they received my application for the research grant:

"Thank you very much for your recent application and your interest in doing research in Germany. This confirms that we have received your application. We will get back to you with the results of this selection round approximately end of February of 2019."

On Dec 18th I received a message in the DAAD Portal saying my application for the scholarship is 'complete' and will be considered in the upcoming selection round.

The requirements (especially for the research grant) were quite complicated and thorough (I had to mail a 4 pound package of documentation), so hearing that my application is considered complete made me very happy! I hated the feeling that I wouldn't even be considered because I forgot some form or whatever.

Good luck to everyone!

On 12/18/2018 at 3:44 PM, Jairogut said:

I applied for the bi-nationally supervised research grant, and I had my interview on October the 25th. Though my status on the portal is still "Application submitted". Still no news from the DAAD. I sent them an email through the portal asking if there were any updates with my application but I didn't receive a reply. 

On 12/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, Almasa said:

I applied for the bi-nationally supervised research grant, and I had my interview on October the 25th. Though my status on the portal is still "Application submitted". Still no news from the DAAD. I sent them an email through the portal asking if there were any updates with my application but I didn't receive a reply. 

WOW, at least mine has the "selection made" status. Well, I guess we will have to wait until February I guess..... I was expecting a nice Christmas present from the DAAD but it looks it won't happen. 

18 hours ago, shaider900 said:

Haven't seen anyone here applying for Gottingen. :( Have you heard from them? :) I'm applying at Weimar, and I'm yet to hear any updates.

I haven't heard from them yet. I really like this program and already had a research topic. Only this program can help me with my research so I'm crossing my fingers now. The website said that they will inform shortlisted candidates within Dec-Jan. I was shortlisted to Helmut Schmidt and now dropped behind in the waitlist, unless there's somebody declines the offer, so they can take me into consideration. Which program did you apply at Weimar? :)