DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

On 2/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, Esteban Arias said:

This is what I have found: "The final rating will be the average of both single scores (academic achievements and research proposal). It will result in a ranking list, according to which successful and reserve candidates will be identified, taking into account the available funding. The commission will decide on the cut-off point below which funding is not possible."

So far, you have not been rejected and depends on the DAADs funding.

Hi, what's the status in the portal?, did they say anything about dates? thanks for the information and I wish positive responses for everyone

1 hour ago, Isaramirezca said:

Hi, what's the status in the portal?, did they say anything about dates? thanks for the information and I wish positive responses for everyone

My status has not changed since Oct 18; the dates I handle are different since I didn't apply for the EPOS-DAAD program. I expect an answer in 3 weeks. I guess EPOS applicants should have them before that.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, lessthanepsilon said:

For short-term research grant 2019, applied from the US to the NY DAAD office. I am a graduating undergrad, the grant is typically for PhD students but given to graduates in 'exceptional cases':

Wed February 6 my portal status changed to Selection Made

This morning around midnight I received an email telling me to check portal message. My status still reads Selection Made: I received a rejection letter as a pdf in a notification:

"Your application was thoroughly reviewed by the responsible DAAD Selection Committee, on which professors sit in an honorary capacity. We regret to have to inform you that the committee decided not to award you a scholarship. The Selection Committee for the selection Research Scholarships - ShortTerm 19_1 had to decide between 76 applications and was able to award 32 scholarships. The number of qualified applications usually exceeds the number of available scholarships. Negative decisions do not always mean the committee considers the applicant to be unsuitable for the scholarship, but initially only that other applicants have been rated more highly in the given competitive situation.

It is the DAAD’s policy not to give detailed information on the reasons that led to this decision. Please be assured that the selection committee members gave full and due consideration to all relevant aspects contained in your application and in those submitted by other candidates. We hope that this disappointing decision will not discourage you from
looking for other ways to carry out your project.

I wish they gave feedback because this was my first grant proposal, and I'd like to know what to do to improve.

Congrats to all who got it and best of luck to everybody waiting!

Did you get an email to check the status change? 

1 hour ago, Isaramirezca said:

It says FUNDING!!!! IT SAYS FUNDIIIIIIIINGGGGGG!!!!

Congratulations @Isaramirezca. I have been stalking your posts for a while now. It feels like a decade since i had my interviews. 

DAAD EPOS -PPRE, Oldenburg. Anyone in my boat?. I am literally done refreshing my mailbox

36 minutes ago, Timi said:

Congratulations @Isaramirezca. I have been stalking your posts for a while now. It feels like a decade since i had my interviews. 

DAAD EPOS -PPRE, Oldenburg. Anyone in my boat?. I am literally done refreshing my mailbox

Thank you very much!!!!! I wish you lots of success.

18 hours ago, Peter Toth said:

Hello everyone! I have been following the conversation since it started, but I haven't written anything yet. Did anyone here also apply for Study Scholarship for Graduates of All Disciplines? And if yes, does anyone know when to expect final results? Thanks indeed, and congrats @Isaramirezca!

I also applied for that. I think you should have gotten a message in the DAAD portal with this information about this. Mine said that I had submitted all required documentation and so am officially under consideration, and that the selection committee convenes in March; as a rule, they would send out results within a few weeks of that happening. So, basically late March or early April is the best guess we have.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:58 AM, shaider900 said:

Hi, Isaramirezca. Congrats! :)) My girlfriend is in the same situation, TU Dresden called her and gave her the link to the DAAD Portal yesterday. TU Dresden also said that the administrative process of DAAD is kinda slow, so she should expect the finalization of the awardees to be from February to March. 

Has she gotten the scholarship now? 

18 hours ago, BJ234 said:

Am I the only one that hasn’t gotten a link for the DAAD portal. I applied for DAAD-EPOS Scholarship ??‍♂️

hi.. i also haven't recieved a link for the DAAD portal, i actually get confused, do we have to make DAAD portal account during application process or we will get it when we successfully receive the scholarship ?

1 hour ago, Nursamsi_i said:

hi.. i also haven't recieved a link for the DAAD portal, i actually get confused, do we have to make DAAD portal account during application process or we will get it when we successfully receive the scholarship ?

The link to the Daad portal will be given to you by your school if you are awarded the scholarship. ( This response is for the Epos category only. I don't know about the other scholarship categories)

26 minutes ago, Timi said:

The link to the Daad portal will be given to you by your school if you are awarded the scholarship. ( This response is for the Epos category only. I don't know about the other scholarship categories)

i see, thank you, Did you apply for Epos category, Timi ?

i also applied for Epos category but untill now there is no email about interview, the last time they contacted me was to send hard copy of all of the documents i used to apply.

what about you ? have you done your interview ?

Edited by Nursamsi_i

Hello.

I received this mail today

Following the completion of all interviews, we are happy to inform you that you made it on the list of scholarship recipients that we will propose to the DAAD representatives in the final selection meeting on March 8, 2019. Congratulations! Please note that the award of the scholarship is subject to final approval by, first, the DAAD and, second, the funding ministry. This communication is therefore not binding, although the probability of your acceptance is rather high. The DAAD will inform you about the final result within a few weeks after the selection meeting.

I applied for an EPOS Scholarship, but I don't have submitted any info in DAAD Portal, nor received any instruction regarded. Anyone in the same situation?  Should I ask for an appoinment for the visa?

23 hours ago, msmoralesp said:

Hello.

Following the completion of all interviews, we are happy to inform you that you made it on the list of scholarship recipients that we will propose to the DAAD representatives in the final selection meeting on March 8, 2019. Congratulations! Please note that the award of the scholarship is subject to final approval by, first, the DAAD and, second, the funding ministry. This communication is therefore not binding, although the probability of your acceptance is rather high. The DAAD will inform you about the final result within a few weeks after the selection meeting.

I applied for an EPOS Scholarship, but I don't have submitted any info in DAAD Portal, nor received any instruction regarded. Anyone in the same situation?  Should I ask for an appoinment for the visa?

you need the award letter in order to get the visa, i think you are going to receive an email from the DAAD soon.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:26 PM, msmoralesp said:

Hello.

I am also in the same situation. What I don't know is if the DAAD can refuse the scholarship even though the MIPLC has shortlisted us for the scholarship. Keeping my fingers crossed. Has this happened to anyone before? Has the DAAD refused an applicant nomination by a school before?

35 minutes ago, elianacvd said:

Somebody from the Architecture scholarship?  

Hi! I applied for that scholarship, however I have not received any mails or seen any changes in my account, my status is still "paper copies received", what about you?

12 hours ago, Ampus said:

I am also in the same situation. What I don't know is if the DAAD can refuse the scholarship even though the MIPLC has shortlisted us for the scholarship. Keeping my fingers crossed. Has this happened to anyone before? Has the DAAD refused an applicant nomination by a school before?

I don't know. I'm also anxious about it, but I expect that the DAAD would not refuse anyone. I was told in the interview that we were 12 candidates for 6 scholarships. Did they say you the same or something else?

1 hour ago, msmoralesp said:

I don't know. I'm also anxious about it, but I expect that the DAAD would not refuse anyone. I was told in the interview that we were 12 candidates for 6 scholarships. Did they say you the same or something else?

I was told we were 10 candidates but they could only offer 6 scholarships.