DAAD 2019-2020

Ghilman Dilshad

Hello all.

I am new in the forum, however reading your shares and comments was truly helpful in my quest for a DAAD scholarship on 2019.

That’s why I wanted to give something in return by sharing here my experience, successfully obtaining a DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2019 scholarship (full Master's Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG).

I received a confirmation just a few days ago on the platform, after a long process started long time ago. If you guys have questions, comments, or you were also awarded with a HSP scholarship, please don’t hesitate in contact me.

Best,
Juan D.

3 hours ago, DiogoFidelis said:

Nice ! Did you receive any response from them?

Oh no, I didn't apply for the EPOS or any other option program they offer, so I could not properly answer. I tried the individual option and was accepted by a tutor at the LUH, now I'm just waiting for the DAAD scholarship results. Since they are a smaller Uni, they tend to be efficient when processing applications tough.

Hi! does everybody here received a mail staying that the application is complete? bc, I didn't receive anything, (like a mail) I asked if my documentation was there and they said yes, still anything had changed on the platform since November. 

2 hours ago, elianacvd said:

Hi! does everybody here received a mail staying that the application is complete? bc, I didn't receive anything, (like a mail) I asked if my documentation was there and they said yes, still anything had changed on the platform since November. 

I didn't get an email, in the DAAD portal there is a notification under my application called "Acknowledgement" and it contains a PDF that says my application is complete and that the selection will happen in March

3 minutes ago, lessthanepsilon said:

I didn't get an email, in the DAAD portal there is a notification under my application called "Acknowledgement" and it contains a PDF that says my application is complete and that the selection will happen in March

Hi! yes in the portal, I received last year but it was after a missing document reached their office, now I don't see any acknowledgment letter or similar, my state is paper copies received tho

Hello all.

I am new in the forum, however reading your shares and comments was truly helpful in my quest for a DAAD scholarship on 2019.

That’s why I wanted to give something in return by sharing here my experience, successfully obtaining a DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2019 scholarship (full Master's Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG).

I received a confirmation just a few days ago on the platform, after a long process started long time ago. If you guys have questions, comments, or you were also awarded with a HSP scholarship, please don’t hesitate in contact me.

Best,
Juan D.

•  

3 hours ago, lessthanepsilon said:

OMG mine says selection made too!!!

This is for a research grant though, not the study scholarship - that one still says 'Application Submitted'

Hi! Did you applied for the EPOS or the Phd research grant?

Good day scholars , Please has anyone also applied to Leibniz Universität Hannover for DAAD EPOS scholarship. I got a mail from them that I have been listed as a reserve candidate and that DAAD Bonn will make the final decision . Please I am confused with this info. Is there a possibility that I will get the scholarship or I won’t? And what are my chances ?thanks as I await responses

3 hours ago, BJ234 said:

Good day scholars , Please has anyone also applied to Leibniz Universität Hannover for DAAD EPOS scholarship. I got a mail from them that I have been listed as a reserve candidate and that DAAD Bonn will make the final decision . Please I am confused with this info. Is there a possibility that I will get the scholarship or I won’t? And what are my chances ?thanks as I await responses

I'm in the same situation and also confused with this info.

For short-term research grant 2019, applied from the US to the NY DAAD office. I am a graduating undergrad, the grant is typically for PhD students but given to graduates in 'exceptional cases':

Wed February 6 my portal status changed to Selection Made

This morning around midnight I received an email telling me to check portal message. My status still reads Selection Made: I received a rejection letter as a pdf in a notification:

"Your application was thoroughly reviewed by the responsible DAAD Selection Committee, on which professors sit in an honorary capacity. We regret to have to inform you that the committee decided not to award you a scholarship. The Selection Committee for the selection Research Scholarships - ShortTerm 19_1 had to decide between 76 applications and was able to award 32 scholarships. The number of qualified applications usually exceeds the number of available scholarships. Negative decisions do not always mean the committee considers the applicant to be unsuitable for the scholarship, but initially only that other applicants have been rated more highly in the given competitive situation.

It is the DAAD’s policy not to give detailed information on the reasons that led to this decision. Please be assured that the selection committee members gave full and due consideration to all relevant aspects contained in your application and in those submitted by other candidates. We hope that this disappointing decision will not discourage you from
looking for other ways to carry out your project.

I wish they gave feedback because this was my first grant proposal, and I'd like to know what to do to improve.

Congrats to all who got it and best of luck to everybody waiting!

Edited by lessthanepsilon

3 hours ago, DiogoFidelis said:

I'm in the same situation and also confused with this info.

This is what I have found: "The final rating will be the average of both single scores (academic achievements and research proposal). It will result in a ranking list, according to which successful and reserve candidates will be identified, taking into account the available funding. The commission will decide on the cut-off point below which funding is not possible."

So far, you have not been rejected and depends on the DAADs funding.