Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

AntiSpinel

On 1/22/2019 at 7:29 AM, jaykslee said:

Thanks for the reply. I did submit early (11/24) but the english waiver went on the 4th which is only the day before the deadline... I hope its not the case of you were fine but applied too late kind of thing...

Yeah I'm questioning whether or not they actually do have rolling admissions though. All of their acceptances and rejects from previous years seem to have been around the end of January or beginning of February.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:24 AM, ferrocen said:

Congrats :)What field are you applying to? I applied to Boulder for organic and they havent notified me yet :(

@eggsaladsĀ Yes this. I applied to inorganic and haven't been notified either.

22 hours ago, CaptainSaru said:

Yeah I'm questioning whether or not they actually do have rolling admissions though. All of their acceptances and rejects from previous years seem to have been around the end of January or beginning of February.

At this point, I just want to know regardless of the result, but the results section seems silent other than the two interviews. I am interested b/c I am an international student and I haven't gotten an interview request or anything like that. :(

5 hours ago, jhopp_ said:

@eggsaladsĀ Yes this. I applied to inorganic and haven't been notified either.

I applied organic! Don't be discouraged though @ferrocen, one of the professors knows me decently well so it could be that she simply pushed my application through in the first wave and there are more acceptances to come.Ā 

Also @jhopp_Ā do you mean materials? Every other school I applied inorganic but it was my impression that Boulder doesn't really have an inorganic program

8 minutes ago, tanbien said:

Does anyone know if Harvard has finished sending out acceptance for Organic Chem?Ā 

I'm not sure about specialty-specific admissions, but the emails I got (I applied Physical) said official GSAS notificationsĀ would be going out Friday (tomorrow), and visiting weekend invites would come next week.Ā 

Edited by chemphysbus

@eggsalads Yeah my bad. I applied inorganic everywhere else. I got into schools that are great for inorganic, but the idea of living in Boulder encouraged me to look at their materials page. I feel like I'll have more options for inorganic research at other schools, but one professor in particular from Boulder is doing materials research that seems fascinating.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:28 AM, jaykslee said:

At this point, I just want to know regardless of the result, but the results section seems silent other than the two interviews. I am interested b/c I am an international student and I haven't gotten an interview request or anything like that. :(

Well I just heard back from Purdue. Got accepted.

10 hours ago, CaptainSaru said:

Well I just heard back from Purdue. Got accepted.

Congrats. It looks peopleĀ are getting offers. I will just have to wait just a little bit longer for my result whatever it may be.

2 hours ago, CaptainSaru said:

I think I've read that it's common for international students to get accepted later. Good luck!

Thank you. I saw some posts from people who got interviewed last week, so trying my best to not be too sad, but it is somewhat difficult.

1 hour ago, wwwwwwww said:

Safe to assume I havenā€™t made it into Berkeley, Michigan, and Boulder then ?

I'm feeling the same way about Michigan and Boulder (didn't apply to Berkeley). I'm hoping for good news next week but am not too optimistic :(

Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything from MIT? Seems like they sent out a large number ofĀ decisions this week so I'm just confused why I haven't gotten mine yet.

Edited by chemphysbus

1 minute ago, chemphysbus said:

Anyone else who still hasn't heard anything from MIT? Seems like they sent out a large number ofĀ decisions so I'm just confused why I haven't gotten mine yet.

I haven't either. Maybe they are doing it by discipline and haven't gotten to physical yet? It does seem weird though, since they've sent out so many rejections too. At this point, if I end up not getting in, I'd rather just know...

1 hour ago, skibike said:

I'm feeling the same way about Michigan and Boulder (didn't apply to Berkeley). I'm hoping for good news next week but am not too optimistic :(

Fingers crossed for us both, brother.

20 minutes ago, ekowz said:

I am yet to hear from Purdue

According to the results page, international students did get either an interview or an admission last week. Let's hope they haven't got to our files yet! My application was fully completed only a day before the deadline.

4 minutes ago, jaykslee said:

According to the results page, international students did get either an interview or an admission last week. Let's hope they haven't got to our files yet! My application was fully completed only a day before the deadline.

Please myĀ  status still remains awaiting decision. Rejection or otherwise should be stated.

1 hour ago, do0112 said:

Anyone who got accepted to Harvard receive their GSAS notification yet? They said they'll send on the 25th but so far nothing on my end

I haven't received the GSAS notification yet eitherĀ (I'm wondering if it'll come through the mail?)