Jump to content
AntiSpinel

Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, do0112 said:

Anyone who got accepted to Harvard receive their GSAS notification yet? They said they'll send on the 25th but so far nothing on my end

1 hour ago, chemb4life said:

I haven't received the GSAS notification yet either (I'm wondering if it'll come through the mail?)

I emailed them today about this and they said they still haven't posted the admissions decisions online, but that they hope to do so by today or tomorrow!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, wwwwwwww said:

Fingers crossed for us both, brother.

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

I emailed them today about this and they said they still haven't posted the admissions decisions online, but that they hope to do so by today or tomorrow!

 

Thanks! Got nervous thinking that there was some administrative mishap haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

I emailed them today about this and they said they still haven't posted the admissions decisions online, but that they hope to do so by today or tomorrow!

 

Gotcha: thanks for letting us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

Thanks man. I’ll call and check up on my applications tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

What did Boulder say specifically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

Man, that sucks, maybe I should check on mine as well. Now...how to word an email that does not sound impatient...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 10:32 AM, Pillarsofcreation said:

Has anyone applied to Princeton or UW-Madison? My status is only just like "submitted". Is that yours? I was wondering if they have started reviewing or not.

I applied to UW-Madison and also have a Submitted status. Their website says reviews of applications are finished in early January though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skibike said:

Man, that sucks, maybe I should check on mine as well. Now...how to word an email that does not sound impatient...

Haha it's always a struggle. Honestly, I don't think they mind when you ask to confirm that everything is okay with your application and that it was sent to the department

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skibike said:

Man, that sucks, maybe I should check on mine as well. Now...how to word an email that does not sound impatient...

I'm also waiting to hear anything back from U of M, but i check on my application page and it says that my form was submitted successfully and that it was confirmed. Would you mind letting me know what they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, qchem_4 said:

I'm also waiting to hear anything back from U of M, but i check on my application page and it says that my form was submitted successfully and that it was confirmed. Would you mind letting me know what they say?

I haven't emailed them yet (I'm not 100% sure if I will), but my application page says the same thing as yours. I've also been checking wolverine access, but that doesn't have anything new since I first submitted. If I do end up emailing, I will let you know what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, inorganic_ch3mist said:

I applied to UW-Madison and also have a Submitted status. Their website says reviews of applications are finished in early January though?

I got into UW-Madison back in December. Last week, they sent out an email that said "The UW-Madison Department of Chemistry received more than 750 applications for the PhD program and made offers to ~230 applicants" so I'm guessing they're done with apps for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghost_passenger said:

I got into UW-Madison back in December. Last week, they sent out an email that said "The UW-Madison Department of Chemistry received more than 750 applications for the PhD program and made offers to ~230 applicants" so I'm guessing they're done with apps for now. 

I also applied to wisc, but I haven't heard anything from it(btw I'm an international student). I submitted my app in early December. You mean that they've sent all the offers already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when we will hear back from Scripps and Berkeley? I figure it's basically a rejection from berkeley at this point, but I thought Scripps would send out more interviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody heard anything from Columbia in a while? On the results page, it doesn't look like much has happened since the first wave of acceptances (who got the Dean's scholarship) went through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, impulsechemist said:

Has anybody heard anything from Columbia in a while? On the results page, it doesn't look like much has happened since the first wave of acceptances (who got the Dean's scholarship) went through. 

Also waiting. They said they wanted to be done “finalizing offers” last week, but apparently not. Hoping there are a few left.

Edited by jeter59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone done an interview w/ penn state? i'm trying to get info on the process. who were ur interviewers? what were the questions?, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 3:51 AM, ZhiyuZang said:

I also applied to wisc, but I haven't heard anything from it(btw I'm an international student). I submitted my app in early December. You mean that they've sent all the offers already?

I'm also international but with a US degree. From last year's submitted results, I do think they've sent most of their offers. You could contact them and ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from Yale in January?

The result section only shows some early acceptances in late December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goldendeer said:

Has anyone heard from Yale in January?

The result section only shows some early acceptances in late December.

They told me they have finished sending out acceptance on 1/25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.