Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

AntiSpinel

2 hours ago, do0112 said:

Anyone who got accepted to Harvard receive their GSAS notification yet? They said they'll send on the 25th but so far nothing on my end

1 hour ago, chemb4life said:

I haven't received the GSAS notification yet either (I'm wondering if it'll come through the mail?)

I emailed them today about this and they said they still haven't posted the admissions decisions online, but that they hope to do so by today or tomorrow!

On 1/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, wwwwwwww said:

Fingers crossed for us both, brother.

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

42 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

I emailed them today about this and they said they still haven't posted the admissions decisions online, but that they hope to do so by today or tomorrow!

Thanks! Got nervous thinking that there was some administrative mishap haha

6 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

Just wanted to mention, if you have heard nothing at all from those schools I really recommend double checking with the department that everything is okay with your application. I applied to both cu-boulder and Michigan, and they both lost my app/had it stuck in administrative limbo. If I hadn't contacted Michigan, I'm not sure I would've ever heard back -- thankfully got in, but I'm still stuck in limbo with boulder. So, the fact that I hadn't heard back from boulder was because my application hadn't even been sent to the department yet! Hope it helps, Good luck to all

Thanks man. I’ll call and check up on my applications tomorrow.

18 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

What did Boulder say specifically?

18 hours ago, atmospheric_chem said:

Man, that sucks, maybe I should check on mine as well. Now...how to word an email that does not sound impatient...

On 12/15/2018 at 10:32 AM, Pillarsofcreation said:

Has anyone applied to Princeton or UW-Madison? My status is only just like "submitted". Is that yours? I was wondering if they have started reviewing or not.

I applied to UW-Madison and also have a Submitted status. Their website says reviews of applications are finished in early January though?

3 hours ago, skibike said:

Man, that sucks, maybe I should check on mine as well. Now...how to word an email that does not sound impatient...

Haha it's always a struggle. Honestly, I don't think they mind when you ask to confirm that everything is okay with your application and that it was sent to the department

4 hours ago, skibike said:

I'm also waiting to hear anything back from U of M, but i check on my application page and it says that my form was submitted successfully and that it was confirmed. Would you mind letting me know what they say?

20 minutes ago, qchem_4 said:

I'm also waiting to hear anything back from U of M, but i check on my application page and it says that my form was submitted successfully and that it was confirmed. Would you mind letting me know what they say?

I haven't emailed them yet (I'm not 100% sure if I will), but my application page says the same thing as yours. I've also been checking wolverine access, but that doesn't have anything new since I first submitted. If I do end up emailing, I will let you know what they say.

14 hours ago, inorganic_ch3mist said:

I applied to UW-Madison and also have a Submitted status. Their website says reviews of applications are finished in early January though?

I got into UW-Madison back in December. Last week, they sent out an email that said "The UW-Madison Department of Chemistry received more than 750 applications for the PhD program and made offers to ~230 applicants" so I'm guessing they're done with apps for now. 

1 hour ago, ghost_passenger said:

I got into UW-Madison back in December. Last week, they sent out an email that said "The UW-Madison Department of Chemistry received more than 750 applications for the PhD program and made offers to ~230 applicants" so I'm guessing they're done with apps for now. 

I also applied to wisc, but I haven't heard anything from it(btw I'm an international student). I submitted my app in early December. You mean that they've sent all the offers already?

2 hours ago, impulsechemist said:

Has anybody heard anything from Columbia in a while? On the results page, it doesn't look like much has happened since the first wave of acceptances (who got the Dean's scholarship) went through. 

Also waiting. They said they wanted to be done “finalizing offers” last week, but apparently not. Hoping there are a few left.

Edited by jeter59

On 1/30/2019 at 3:51 AM, ZhiyuZang said:

I also applied to wisc, but I haven't heard anything from it(btw I'm an international student). I submitted my app in early December. You mean that they've sent all the offers already?

I'm also international but with a US degree. From last year's submitted results, I do think they've sent most of their offers. You could contact them and ask.