Chemistry Fall 2019 cycle

AntiSpinel

13 hours ago, tanbien said:

Has anyone heard anything from Scripps? Seems like there’s only 1 acceptance in the result page.

Surprisingly Harvard has been late with their rejection this year...oh well...

Scripps finished sending out interviews mid Jan, so idk if that acceptance is real or not since interview starts in late Feb

6 hours ago, LOST!!! said:

Scripps finished sending out interviews mid Jan, so idk if that acceptance is real or not since interview starts in late Feb

when I called them in mid jan (like jan 15ish) they said the committee was still meeting so I thought we'd hear back maybe end of january but it's looking like you're right ?

1 hour ago, PCCP said:

If you are worried there are still schools with applications due in March you could apply to!  Off the top of my head I know Oklahoma is one of them.

I guess it’s okay since I did get in to my safety school (Texas A&M) but this application cycle really destroyed my confidence!

20 hours ago, CaptainSaru said:

Has anyone heard from from University of Washington on Notre Dame? I've already been accepted to other schools that I'd rather go to so I don't really care if I'm rejected or not. It'd just be nice to know at this point.

UW sent out acceptances in December and January. I don't know if they're sending more offers. Notre dame sent some in January. 

On 1/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, CaptainSaru said:

They also say they have rolling admissions

Did you find out they have rolling admission from someone in the graduate committee? I can't find anything about rolling admission on their website. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I know they sent out their first round of acceptances on the 25th.

Edited by crackademik

9 hours ago, crackademik said:

Did you find out they have rolling admission from someone in the graduate committee? I can't find anything about rolling admission on their website. I haven't heard anything from them yet and I know they sent out their first round of acceptances on the 25th.

From the FAQ on their department website:

"We start reviewing applications in late October or early November. Admissions decisions may be made on a rolling basis as applications are received, so there may be an advantage to applying early."

It doesn't sound as definitive as I remembered but they mention it in a couple other questions too. In any case, it doesn't really seem like they really have rolling admissions.

Hopefully you hear back soon!

Edited by CaptainSaru

10 minutes ago, chemapplicant19 said:

I’m applying to analytical programs at Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Illinois-Champaign. Has anyone heard back from these programs? All of my appplicstioms just say awaiting decision or something to that extent. 

I have heard from UIUC before Christmas for inorganic/physical

8 minutes ago, chemapplicant19 said:

I’m applying to analytical programs at Michigan, Purdue, Wisconsin, and Illinois-Champaign. Has anyone heard back from these programs? All of my appplicstioms just say awaiting decision or something to that extent. 

Wisconsin-Madison sent an e-mail that says they made offers to about 230 applicants out of 750.

1 hour ago, chemapplicant19 said:

I applied to purdue and got an interview on 23th, January, but haven't heard from it on the final decision. Maybe it will finalize the applications the next week I guess.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:15 PM, wwwwwwww said:

I guess it’s okay since I did get in to my safety school (Texas A&M) but this application cycle really destroyed my confidence!

Same here and I shot too low to get a better chance of more options. You can't feel too bad about yourself though because admissions is partially luck (i.e. who is on the committee). I've seen extremely well qualified people get rejected from mediocre schools and seemingly under-qualified people getting into a top 10. 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, jhopp_ said:

Anyone heard anything from UNC, UT Austin, or Boulder recently or know about their admissions status?

I emailed UNC recently (about GRE scores) and they said decisions were still being made. That's one of my top choices so I'm hoping it turns out well.

Haven't heard anything from Boulder though.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:36 AM, chemapplicant19 said:

I applied to Michigan and Illinois. I have the same awaiting decision thing. Based on results here from past years, I think I've given up on UIUC, but hopefully Michigan still has some acceptances to send.

8 hours ago, jeter59 said:

Still nothing new from Columbia/UPenn since their initial round of offers/emails?

UPenn sent out invitations for their open house on Feb 22nd. The email asked for a RSVP by Feb 7th, so if there's no notification from them before that date maybe there will be some after their open house. 

12 hours ago, jeter59 said:

Still nothing new from Columbia/UPenn since their initial round of offers/emails?

On a similar note, the first Columbia visit weekend is this upcoming weekend (Feb. 7-10), so maybe they'll send all the final decisions sometime this or next week?

14 minutes ago, chemphysbus said:

On a similar note, the first Columbia visit weekend is this upcoming weekend (Feb. 7-10), so maybe they'll send all the final decisions sometime this or next week?

I am so glad I am not the only one waiting for Columbia. I have been CONSTANTLY checking my emails and the Columbia application status website for an update. I hope we hear back this week.  

On 2/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, jhopp_ said:

Anyone heard anything from UNC, UT Austin, or Boulder recently or know about their admissions status?

I got into UT Austin on Dec 14 and I know someone who got into UNC Chapel Hill (is that the UNC you're referring to?) in January.