Spring 2019 Application Cycle

Hello!

I am applying for spring 2019 speech language pathology graduate programs. Many of the forums I’ve seen are for fall applicants, so I thought I would create one for those of us applying to spring admit programs. 

Most of the due dates have passed now, so I’m just waiting each day for some good news.

-Where did you apply?

-Any thoughts or concerns?

This is my second round applying, and I applied to 9 schools:

University of Northern Iowa, Kansas State University, Eastern New Mexico University, University of Central Missouri, University of South Dakota, University of Rhode Island, University of Central Florida, University of Texas at Dallas, & University of Louisiana at Monroe.

17 hours ago, ChaiTeaSLP said:

It’s my first time applying and I only applied to two. CSU Northridge and Tennessee State. Tennessee State’s results should be coming in the next few days (!!!!) did anyone else apply there? Have you gotten your results yet?

Hi! I applied to Tennessee State as well. I haven't gotten my results yet, but they told me they would come in on the 8th!!

5 hours ago, ChaiTeaSLP said:

Good luck! I hope we both get in! Let me know when you get your results! Fingers crossed!!!

2 hours ago, McKW said:

Hey guys I also applied to Tennessee State and anxiously waiting to hear back! I also got the email memo saying that we would hear an admission decision by Oct. 8th! Good luck to you!

Thanks guys! Hope we all get in too :) Keep me posted! Do you guys know how many people they are accepting?

2 minutes ago, jnbfutureslp said:

Thanks guys! Hope we all get in too :) Keep me posted! Do you guys know how many people they are accepting?

I totally will. I check my email allll day long. Not sure how many they accept, but my friend got accepted during their 2016 cycle. She ultimately decided on csun though. Fingers crossed. Maybe tomorrow will be the day!

Hi All,

There is still time.  We are accepting applications at Lehman College for Spring 2019 through October 15th.  Please consider our program.  See this recent news item  https://youtu.be/JUaAkWRXIXE

Our program's website is being updated and the new link is temporarily here.  Please copy and paste to view. http://www.lehman.edu/speech-language-hearing-sciences-test
The time line is:  Application date has been extended to October 15 for Spring 2019.  We interview the prospective students who pass the initial review process. Interviews are held November 9th and 16th.  Notifications of admission will be sent prior to Thanksgiving.  If you are not living in the greater New York City area we can conduct the interview remotely.

Consider investing in your future at Lehman College, without the high student debt you'll incur from most graduate programs. 

Hope to be reading about you soon.

Peggy

Peggy S. Conner, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Assistant Professor, Graduate Program Director
School of Health Sciences, Human Services, & Nursing
Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
Lehman College
250 Bedford Park Blvd West
Bronx, NY  10468

On 10/3/2018 at 11:30 PM, jnbfutureslp said:

Fellow TSU applicants - have any of you heard yet?!  I was hoping (because the email said BY October 8th) we might be hearing this week, but I've not received anything.  

Wishing us all good luck!

38 minutes ago, WatSLP said:

Fellow TSU applicants - have any of you heard yet?!  I was hoping (because the email said BY October 8th) we might be hearing this week, but I've not received anything.  

Wishing us all good luck!

Hi! I have not heard anything since the email noting October 8th either. It’s so frustrating and nerve wrecking. I check my email at least once an hour. Going to try and unplug this weekend. Hopefully Monday is the day?? Keep us updated and fingers crossed for all of us! Would love to get hands on experience there! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am currently finishing up my B.A. degree at CSU Northridge. This is my first time applying, for Spring 2019 entrance I only applied to Fresno State since all the other schools I will apply to after I hear back from Fresno start in Fall 2019. I won't find out the results until the end of November beginning of December. I am anxiously awaiting and checking emails constantly. Good Luck to everyone!

Hello! 

This is my first time applying. I applied to ENMU, Alabama A&M, and UTD. I got rejected at UTD but still waiting to hear back from ENMU and Alabama A&M. Did anyone else applied to these schools? have you heard anything? I am anxiously waiting to hear a response. 

Goodluck to everyone!

On 10/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, Ali_Irene13 said:

Hello!

I am currently finishing up my B.A. degree at CSU Northridge. This is my first time applying, for Spring 2019 entrance I only applied to Fresno State since all the other schools I will apply to after I hear back from Fresno start in Fall 2019. I won't find out the results until the end of November beginning of December. I am anxiously awaiting and checking emails constantly. Good Luck to everyone!

Hi! I only applied to Fresno too.  I am starting to obsessively check my email haha. Where did you hear that we won't find out results until Nov/Dec? I couldn't find anything on the website... Good Luck to you too!!

Hi@carly24!! I visited Fresno State over the summer and someone in the department or graduate studies informed me of that time frame. Two days ago I did receive an email that said my application has been sent for further review to Dr. Pomaville and that it may take a few weeks to make their decision.