2019 GEM Fellowship

Teaching Faculty Wannabe

14 minutes ago, ray92 said:

@IceCream & MatSci I have not finished the entire checklist. I guess there is an intern letter that you must send in and I guess you get this from your company sponsor IDK tho lol

Oh, okay. Yeah, I sent it to them in March and again a few days ago because I guess they didn't get it then. I haven't gotten a reply from them since I sent it to them. Oh well. It will get figured out somehow. Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, drfigue said:

Until when do we have for the pic? I had given up with GEM but was offered the University-level (Associate)...sooo lol help I’m lost here. ?

Also phew, I just read that the deadline to accept was yesterday. I’m glad I checked the system yesterday night. ????

23 hours ago, drfigue said:

Until when do we have for the pic? I had given up with GEM but was offered the University-level (Associate)...sooo lol help I’m lost here. ?

It was in February, but I am sure you can still give it to them. Email them to see. Congrats on getting the NSF GRFP and the GEM Associate!

1 hour ago, ray92 said:

@drfigue You also don't have to give them a picture, you can still receive the Gem Fellowship without providing them one.

This is very true. I just like the idea of my picture being on there because I can be like, "Ooo, look, I did a thing!"

On 4/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, IceCream & MatSci said:

It was in February, but I am sure you can still give it to them. Email them to see. Congrats on getting the NSF GRFP and the GEM Associate!

Thank you very much, @IceCream & MatSci ! :) Many congratulations to you on your GEM Fellowship, the $ummer intern$hip, and admission to a terrific BME program!!

On 4/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, ray92 said:

@drfigue You also don't have to give them a picture, you can still receive the Gem Fellowship without providing them one.

Thanks @ray92 ! Do you happen to know if the transcripts would be okay even if the degree hasn't been conferred?

On 4/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, ray92 said:

@IceCream & MatSci Okay, me neither!

Me neither as well, I sent them an email just double checking that I did every step and when we will get an official acceptance letter, hopefully they’ll reply soon and I’ll relay that info here. 

20 hours ago, ray92 said:

Any updates from anyone?  Has anyone started their internships yet?

I haven't gotten anything official from GEM, but I will start my internship at the beginning of June (which is so soon, ahh!)! I have been doing a lot of paperwork for my internship and such.