CSDCAS deadlines

from my understanding, orange apps need to be submitted 'several weeks' before the deadline to make sure they're received. does anyone know how many weeks in advance? CSDCAS already received my transcripts and LORs. I just need to submit my app.

but for green apps, it says that i need to make sure that the app is received AND verified by the deadline. doesn't that mean i have to submit it double-early? like i submit it, wait a few weeks to tell me that it's received, and then it takes them another month or so to verify it?

Edited by kamtea

From my experience, I have been told to aim to submit your applications a month before the due date...I am doing that for all of mine just to be safe! The applications are then reviewed on a first come first serve basis. For example, I submitted my first application the second week of October and I received an e-mail from CSDCAS saying that it was verified within a week. However, the second application I submitted took around 3 weeks to verify. It all depends on how many applications they are receiving for review at the time, so I would shoot for a month in advance just to be safe! Hope this helps and good luck :) 

@slp2be811 Yea I understand that verification (green deadlines) takes up to 4 weeks but I was unsure what the orange deadlines were like. As in, the website says that we should submit apps a few weeks early to ensure that they're received (not verified), but I wasn't sure how many weeks in advance I should submit those apps so that they're received (not verified)? Did you get any emails telling you that your apps were received? 

I did receive e-mails that said my applications were received from CSDCAS! However, what I found weird was that for one of my applications the school e-mailed me to let me know that it was received and could start to be reviewed, but for the other I have not. I guess it may depend on each school? I am sorry I am not of much help to you, I am with you on this, the process is very confusing especially if you do not have anyone close to you who has gone through it.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:41 PM, kamtea said:

@slp2be811 Yea I understand that verification (green deadlines) takes up to 4 weeks but I was unsure what the orange deadlines were like. As in, the website says that we should submit apps a few weeks early to ensure that they're received (not verified), but I wasn't sure how many weeks in advance I should submit those apps so that they're received (not verified)? Did you get any emails telling you that your apps were received? 

I thought with the orange deadline applications, as long as transcripts and LORs were submitted weeks ago, you could submit your SOP up until right before the deadline? Am I reading it incorrectly? The blue apps seem to be everything can be submitted up until the deadline, and for the green ones, everything must be submitted a month in advance. Can anyone please confirm?

From the CSDCAS website:

Blue Apps: "Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. Program Materials do not have to be received by the deadline date."

Orange Apps: "Application, payments, transcripts, and at least two letters of reference must be received by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. To ensure items arrive on time, try to send all documents several weeks before the deadline."

Green Apps: "Applications must be Verified by 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date. Applications can only be verified once all payments, transcripts, and letters of reference have been received. To ensure your application is verified on time, try to complete your application at least four weeks before the deadline."

Sorry to jump on this thread without any useful contribution, but I had no clue that applications were color coded and I can't find additional information on CSDCAS. Can someone fill me in or point me to where I can find more information? This is the first I'm hearing about this.