Fall 2019 School Psych Interview Invites

ASDadvocate

Hi Everyone! I noticed that a forum was started specifically for clinical psychology applicants who had heard back from schools regarding interviews. I thought it would be helpful to create one for school psychology programs as well. Even though the results section also has this, we can discuss specifically school psych programs. I applied to University of Utah, University of Virginia, James Madison University (PsyD), and UNC Chapel Hill school psych programs. These programs tend to have later deadlines so I think it's safe to assume that the programs will begin reaching out later rather than sooner? Any thoughts?

I also applied to University of Virginia! Looking through the interview results from the previous years, it looks like they don't send out invites until mid-January or so. I have received invites from University of South Carolina (12/10) and Texas A&M University (12/17). I also applied to Louisiana State University, North Carolina State University, and University of Texas at Austin - nothing from them yet though I have see that LSU sent out some invites already.  

18 hours ago, kaimcc22520 said:

I also applied to University of Virginia! Looking through the interview results from the previous years, it looks like they don't send out invites until mid-January or so. I have received invites from University of South Carolina (12/10) and Texas A&M University (12/17). I also applied to Louisiana State University, North Carolina State University, and University of Texas at Austin - nothing from them yet though I have see that LSU sent out some invites already.  

Congrats on your interviews! Did you apply to the Curry program at UVA? Who is your POI? Mine is M.M. 

Edited by ASDadvocate
Included POI

3 hours ago, wannabeschoolpsych said:

I applied to University of Memphis and Northern Arizona University but haven’t heard anything back yet! 

Good luck! Hopefully we hear back soon. The wait can be so frustrating. I also applied to some clinical programs and most of those are already sending out invites ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!! I applied to the University of Arizona, UCSB, UC Berkeley, UC Riverside, Northeastern, Columbia, U Washington and U Oregon! I have received invites for interviews at U of A, UC Berkeley, Northeastern, and have been waitlisted at UCSB.

Anyone else losing patience in waiting to hear back from programs? I'm so nervous!

Good luck to everyone applying!

2 hours ago, schoolpsychologyfan said:

Hi!! I applied to the University of Arizona, UCSB, UC Berkeley, UC Riverside, Northeastern, Columbia, U Washington and U Oregon! I have received invites for interviews at U of A, UC Berkeley, Northeastern, and have been waitlisted at UCSB.

Anyone else losing patience in waiting to hear back from programs? I'm so nervous!

Good luck to everyone applying!

Congrats on your interviews!! I’m trying to talk myself into believing that most programs reach out after the New Year’s week, next week! But it’s getting really hard  ? 

Oops, should have posted on this thread instead of the other one! I applied to UNL, University of Arizona, UMD, and UB. I have interviews with UNL and U of A, haven't heard from UMD yet and I know UB does not review applications until later and their interviews are at the end of the month. Congrats to everyone who has received interviews so far!

To my surprise, I received an invite to interview at University of Memphis which is my top school. I’m in shock but I’m really excited. I guess it’s time to prepare (even though I’ve been watching so many videos and reading so many threads about interviews hahaha). I’m so nervous. 

On 12/17/2018 at 12:06 AM, ASDadvocate said:

Hi Everyone! I noticed that a forum was started specifically for clinical psychology applicants who had heard back from schools regarding interviews. I thought it would be helpful to create one for school psychology programs as well. Even though the results section also has this, we can discuss specifically school psych programs. I applied to University of Utah, University of Virginia, James Madison University (PsyD), and UNC Chapel Hill school psych programs. These programs tend to have later deadlines so I think it's safe to assume that the programs will begin reaching out later rather than sooner? Any thoughts?

You’re comparing 35 page threads (clinical applicants, invites, Canadian applicants, poi requests) to school psychology which has 4 pages? 

9 hours ago, 21ny14 said:

You’re comparing 35 page threads (clinical applicants, invites, Canadian applicants, poi requests) to school psychology which has 4 pages? 

You’re right, clinical psych does have a lot of threads on TGC!

10 hours ago, wannabeschoolpsych said:

To my surprise, I received an invite to interview at University of Memphis which is my top school. I’m in shock but I’m really excited. I guess it’s time to prepare (even though I’ve been watching so many videos and reading so many threads about interviews hahaha). I’m so nervous. 

Congratulations!! That is wonderful! Memphis is one of my top choices for when I apply in a few years ( I am a currently in my internship for my EdS in Shelby County schools).  Who is your POI if you don't mind me asking? 

On 1/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, wannabeschoolpsych said:

Hey guys... I got an interview invite with NAU! So  I am no longer in the waiting process and have entered the interview preparation process. I’m still anxious but excited. Sending you all good luck/good vibes/prayers/whatever you need!!

YAY!! Good luck on your interview!!! ?

I have a friend currently in the Duquesne program and they just started reviewing applications! Their deadline was only last week so I assumed it would be later. Good luck everyone! Congrats to everyone who has already gotten interviews!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 9:47 PM, schoolpsychologyfan said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for group interviews! I haven't had any group interviews yet and was wanting to see the kinds of questions we may be asked!

Thank you, and I hope you're all doing well with the process!!

Hi make sure to be confident and impress the program your personality and why you want to do school psychology. Also, listen to what the other people state in the group interview as their answers and you can state while Johnnie stated he strong in these skills, I am as well however I can work well in a collaborative effort, etc as a way to make yourself stand out and be memorable.

Edited by oppositeofdiffident