MIT EECS 2019

MAshKam

4 minutes ago, shrek12 said:

oh yeah! are you from MIT undergrad too? thanks for the link, really useful!

Jan 28th: EECS graduate round up meeting
Feb 1st: EECS graduate round up back up

hold on everyone!! 

No, I am not. I have several friends in the program and I also met my POI in person. That's how I found out about this stuff.

3 minutes ago, phdee2019 said:

We spoke for well over an hour. Honestly, it felt more like an interview for the first 30 min. I guess that was my interview?

I suppose it as an interview. When did you have it? and what area are you applying for?

1 minute ago, shrek12 said:

I suppose it as an interview. When did you have it? and what area are you applying for?

Before the application deadline. I am also doing Applied Physics/Microelectronics like yourself. Have you heard back from any other schools? 

I can see acceptance in the results page. Do you think it is official acceptance?

Also my major is robotics and I haven't recieved a call for interview should I expect rejection by now? 

2 minutes ago, MAshKam said:

I can see acceptance in the results page. Do you think it is official acceptance?

Also my major is robotics and I haven't recieved a call for interview should I expect rejection by now? 

No way! That's definitely someone trolling. They haven't made any decisions as you can see from the calendar link I posted. Wait until the end of February at most.

25 minutes ago, MAshKam said:

Agree with @phdee2019 if it is true, it must not be an official one!

4 hours ago, zjh said:

I had my interview on 24th (robotics)

Could you tell me how was the interview? and your qualifications please. I have applied for robotics too but no interview. Good luck

My POI stated on his website that prospective grad applicants should not contact him and instead, should just mention him in their applications.
So I didn't ?

Was this a bad move?

Edited by SGD18
Make message more concise

1 hour ago, SGD18 said:

My POI stated on his website that prospective grad applicants should not contact him and instead, should just mention him in their applications.
So I didn't ?

Was this a bad move?

I don't think so.

People who say something say so because they mean it. The POI could be irratated if you did contact him/her.

3 hours ago, MAshKam said:

Could you tell me how was the interview? and your qualifications please. I have applied for robotics too but no interview. Good luck

The Professor who interviewed me is in a pretty different field than my interest. Also I didn't indicate him in my application. As a result, I don't think I did well at all. His research is very cool tho and I really hope he could consider me for his lab.

GPA: 3.75, GRE: V160 Q168 AW5.5

Two 3-month internships at two top robotics companies. One 7-month internship at a robotics cloud computing startup. Two years of undergrad research experience, but no pub. Three very strong letters (two from PIs, one from CEO). Was project lead for a UAV project team for three years. Got $10000 award from IARPA challenge (in biometrics) b4.