NYU MSW Fall 2019!?

Capturedvitality

Has anyone had experience with the student champions? I completed the form around the end of last week and haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm getting a little nervous because I'm flying up to NY next week. Obviously should have filled it out sooner but got side tracked by other things going on in my life right now.

5 hours ago, asr13b said:

Has anyone had experience with the student champions? I completed the form around the end of last week and haven't gotten a response yet, and I'm getting a little nervous because I'm flying up to NY next week. Obviously should have filled it out sooner but got side tracked by other things going on in my life right now.

I emailed silver.champions@nyu.edu

they got right back to me. I’d try this 

Did anyone else here apply for the second deadline (2/15)? I submitted my application on 2/11, but I haven’t heard back yet. I know the decision date is 3/22, but I guess I was hoping to hear from them sooner. Has anyone who applied for the 2/15 deadline been accepted?

59 minutes ago, amandatrashpanda said:

Did anyone else here apply for the second deadline (2/15)? I submitted my application on 2/11, but I haven’t heard back yet. I know the decision date is 3/22, but I guess I was hoping to hear from them sooner. Has anyone who applied for the 2/15 deadline been accepted?

I applied 2/8 and was accepted 2/20. Maybe just give it a a few more days it seems as though the responses vary in time

16 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

I emailed silver.champions@nyu.edu

they got right back to me. I’d try this 

Thank you! I'll definitely reach out that way :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, verialex13 said:

I received an acceptance email today with 12k scholarship. Still hefty tuition. This is for the 2-year clinical track. Yay! It will be hard to choose a program. 

grats! where else have you been accepted/ applied. 

2 hours ago, Stace718 said:

Just submitted my application (FINALLY) for NYU!! This has been the culmination of years of deliberation...hope I don’t have to wait too long to find out (and that there isn’t a penalty for waiting til the last day!!)

I got mine back within a month. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

I got in! $12,000 scholarship.

I just got the promotion and schedule change I’ve been working my tail off at work for years, too. They told me last week. I’d already made the decision to quit and go to NYU full time. Now I don’t know WHAT to do!

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 4:04 PM, ddd777 said:

I got 12k as well! I'm not sure how the appeal process works? IDK if it's a form you have to fill out or if you have to like explain your reasons/or please your case for more money. My friend attends NYU for undergrad and she essentially just emailed the office of finaid asking for more money. Im moreso curious about my financial aid package, they can't really expect me to commit to the school without seeing that first. 

@MSWFall2019 @ddd777 Did y’all ever appeal? I deferred to next Fall and am planning on asking for more scholarship since I have to quit my job. 

Also, how is everyone’s first week of classes going?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I have been reading through this topic from last year! I am currently in the same position as some of you were! I am deciding between Hunter College and NYU MSW 16 month Accelerated program! Really having a hard time deciding between the two! Some things I'm curious about...

- For the Clinical program, which do you guys think is a stronger program, or are they exactly the same?

- If I ever wanted to move out of state, would it make a difference if I chose NYU or Hunter?

-A lot of posts seem like one of the strongest reasons to chose Hunter is the cheaper tuition. If you were in that position do you feel you made the right decision, or if money wasn't a factor would you have chosen somewhere else?

Thanks in advance! 

@Claire Elizabeth

Hi! I'm applying now and considering both NYU and Hunter. I have a few friends who started their MSWs, and most advised toward NYU if you want to pursue a clinical career. My supervisor is an NYU student and said that Hunter was very macro.

That being said, Hunter is probably much less expensive, and I've heard prestige/rankings matter less than experience when applying for jobs in social work. 

I don't there's any difference between the two if you plan to move out of state - NY has more rigorous requirements for licensure than other states, so I hear it's easier to transfer from NY to another state than the opposite.