UT Austin MSW Fall 2019!?

5 hours ago, londonrain9 said:

Just got the acceptance notice today! I might have to decline, though, due to personal reasons ? UT is an amazing program so it’s still an honor to be offered admittance. 

Congratulations on your acceptance, but I'm so sorry that your circumstances have changed. I hope everything works out!

Would you mind sharing when did you submit your app?

On 2/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, WRJ said:

Congratulations on your acceptance, but I'm so sorry that your circumstances have changed. I hope everything works out!

Would you mind sharing when did you submit your app?

Thank you! I finalized my essays and application around Dec 27 and my recs submitted their letters during late December all the way up to Jan 15th.

29 minutes ago, MSWFall2019 said:

To help folks still waiting - I found out I was accepted today to the regular 2 year track via the portal (no email yet). I applied first week in Jan, recs were all in on Jan 15th.

Thank you for letting us know and congrats!! Did it say what time it was posted? I’m so anxious!

Edited by emdobrow

5 hours ago, MSWFall2019 said:

To help folks still waiting - I found out I was accepted today to the regular 2 year track via the portal (no email yet). I applied first week in Jan, recs were all in on Jan 15th.

AH!!! Thanks so much for the heads up! Just checked and I was accepted for the 2 year track as well via the portal--no e-mail either!!! Congrats on your acceptance!!!

14 hours ago, WRJ said:

AH!!! Thanks so much for the heads up! Just checked and I was accepted for the 2 year track as well via the portal--no e-mail either!!! Congrats on your acceptance!!!

Congrats!! Would you mind letting me know when you completed your application and when your recs were submitted?

4 hours ago, txem said:

Congrats!! Would you mind letting me know when you completed your application and when your recs were submitted?

Thanks! I submitted it on January 3rd and the last recommendation letter was submitted on January 15

Is anyone else anxiously waiting for a decision? I applied by the 15th deadline with 3 rec letters then 2 more by the 22nd. This "in review" is killing me. I assume we'll hear in the next couple of weeks. Also, has anyone been accepted and been given merit scholarships? If so how much?

24 minutes ago, Msw_2019! said:

Is anyone else anxiously waiting for a decision? I applied by the 15th deadline with 3 rec letters then 2 more by the 22nd. This "in review" is killing me. I assume we'll hear in the next couple of weeks. Also, has anyone been accepted and been given merit scholarships? If so how much?

I was accepted just over two weeks ago, with no notification of merit scholarships. They did give me an extension to give me time to apply for departmental funding, though.

6 hours ago, Msw_2019! said:

I had everything in by January 3rd and I’m still waiting. Did you apply for advanced standing? Someone in the group was saying  they haven’t made decisions on advanced standing yet

@txstarbs I phoned them and they told me Advanced Standing won't start hearing back until late March/early April because they're still waiting for the bulk of applicants to submit their secondary documentation package. Most people aren't done their final field evaluation until sometime in March. 

23 hours ago, gabbasworld said:

I was accepted just over two weeks ago, with no notification of merit scholarships. They did give me an extension to give me time to apply for departmental funding, though.

@gabbasworld They told me we would know about funding/financial aid packages by early April. What departmental funding are you applying to? I wish they gave us more info on all the resources.

7 hours ago, WRJ said:

@gabbasworld They told me we would know about funding/financial aid packages by early April. What departmental funding are you applying to? I wish they gave us more info on all the resources.

There is a link on the social work school's website (I think through the admissions link, but I'm not 100% because it takes me a long time to find it every time) that is an application for departmental scholarships and TA positions. The RA positions use another application, but I don't think they want that filled out until we accepted. Not positive about that, so it may be worth emailing and asking if you're interested.

19 hours ago, gabbasworld said:

There is a link on the social work school's website (I think through the admissions link, but I'm not 100% because it takes me a long time to find it every time) that is an application for departmental scholarships and TA positions. The RA positions use another application, but I don't think they want that filled out until we accepted. Not positive about that, so it may be worth emailing and asking if you're interested.

Oh yeah! I'm filling that out right now. It said on the website to submit once you hear back about acceptance. Thank you!

6 hours ago, WRJ said:

Oh yeah! I'm filling that out right now. It said on the website to submit once you hear back about acceptance. Thank you!

Sorry, I feel like I worded that last part weird. I meant I'm not sure if they want RA applications until you've accepted your offer to attend. But it may be worth asking, if you're interested in an RA position.