Georgetown McCourt 2019

kayemeh

15 hours ago, hbgurley said:

For students who applied by the priority deadline, which was January 15th, yes decisions have gone out. 

You're confusing the priority scholarship deadline (Jan. 15) with the early acceptance deadline (Nov. 30) and stressing these poor folks out.

"Those applying with a completed application by November 30 will be considered for scholarship and they will be notified of their decision by mid-January. "

3 minutes ago, justMPPgoofin said:

@coolguyz  they included your funding in the admissions letter? Guess I didn't get any, was really hoping i'd get some so i could leverage it to increase my scholarship for Harris.

Yeah it was at the bottom of the portal site thing. From what I've seen on here they're pretty stingy initially so negotiate and play the game. Congrats!

In with 15000 for the first year. Is the scholarship renewable for the second year or is it safe to assume that this isn't the case since they only listed funding for fall 2019 and spring 2020 in my case. Also does anyone know what date their open house is if it hasn't happened already. I'm really hoping it isn't the first weekend of April which almost every program seems to place their open houses on to torture us all. 

29 minutes ago, Guesswho said:

In with 15000 for the first year. Is the scholarship renewable for the second year or is it safe to assume that this isn't the case since they only listed funding for fall 2019 and spring 2020 in my case. Also does anyone know what date their open house is if it hasn't happened already. I'm really hoping it isn't the first weekend of April which almost every program seems to place their open houses on to torture us all. 

Wasn't included in any email (so far) but looks like their open houses will be on 3/28 and 4/5 - the tentative schedules are on their website. I'm so sad GU and GW have their Los Angeles admitted student dinners on the SAME NIGHT.

Edit: looks like scholarships are renewable for the second year! According to the website, "Scholarships awarded for the first year of study are renewable at the same amount for the second year of study contingent on satisfactory academic progress." And according to previous years' forums, it'll be a GPA requirement of 3.0+. 

Edited by pinkizzys
updated info

1 hour ago, pinkizzys said:

Wasn't included in any email (so far) but looks like their open houses will be on 3/28 and 4/5 - the tentative schedules are on their website. I'm so sad GU and GW have their Los Angeles admitted student dinners on the SAME NIGHT.

Edit: looks like scholarships are renewable for the second year! According to the website, "Scholarships awarded for the first year of study are renewable at the same amount for the second year of study contingent on satisfactory academic progress." And according to previous years' forums, it'll be a GPA requirement of 3.0+. 

Thank you so much. I knew I remembered seeing that bit about scholarships being renewable somewhere on their site but I couldn't remember where and thought I was starting to lose my sanity. And thank you for the information about the open house dates as well. Considering that the first one is just a few weeks away I'm surprised that they didn't mention it in the letter but it's a small gripe. Also it sucks that GU and GW are having their dinners on the same night although I only applied to GU. I'm hoping one school makes the decision much easier for you in the coming weeks so that it's easier for you to commit to one dinner over the other. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, ravneetk said:

Does anyone have advice on negotiating for additional financial aid? I am planning to visit campus early April and am wondering if I should go in person or start the convo now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

no advice but for future applicants, i emailed to reconsider in a very brief email and got bumped an extra 5k a year.

Seconded, they matched my other offer pretty quick.

They didn't communicate anything very well and except to say that i shouldn't get my hopes up about funding, but then never even asked to see my other offers and just matched without a problem.