Georgetown McCourt 2019

kayemeh

Hi everybody,

I´ve got admitted to the MIDP program with 10k funding currently looking for scholarships or loans information. I will really appreciate it if you have information on these topics. 

Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, kayemeh said:

I cracked and called admissions. A student was covering the phones as they were in a meeting so hopefully meeting about decisions??

Hahaha, you gotta chill.  I feel your pain though.  I have been wholly unproductive the last couple of weeks.

32 minutes ago, coolguyz said:

Hahaha, you gotta chill.  I feel your pain though.  I have been wholly unproductive the last couple of weeks.

haha I know! I just asked if there was a general date as I will be out of the country with no email access for a few days beginning tomorrow. which, in retrospect, will probably be healthy for me ?

4 hours ago, twenty-seven said:

Hi everyone, does anyone know if financial aid offers are renewable? I got accepted into the MIDP program with a financial aid offer for 2019-2020 but they said nothing about 2020-2021.

My offer letter for the MPP said the same thing, but I checked on the website, and it said that offers are renewable for the second year, assuming satisfactory performance the first year.

3 minutes ago, hbgurley said:

My offer letter for the MPP said the same thing, but I checked on the website, and it said that offers are renewable for the second year, assuming satisfactory performance the first year.

Congrats on your offer! Might I ask when you received it? Was it through email, phone?

Edited by MPPhopeful322

4 minutes ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

Congrats on your offer! Might I ask when you received it? Was it through email, phone?

Thank you! I received $10,000/year, and I just happened to check the portal on January 15th, but I emailed someone from the admissions team a few weeks ago and asked about scholarship reconsideration. They told me that they could negotiate if I have competing offers, so I am going to send them my more generous offers once I hear back from the last school. Also, it is important to note that I applied by the priority deadline.

6 minutes ago, hbgurley said:

For students who applied by the priority deadline, which was January 15th, yes decisions have gone out. 

I just checked my portal and didn't see anything about MPP decisions. Hopefully soon!

1 hour ago, hbgurley said:

For students who applied by the priority deadline, which was January 15th, yes decisions have gone out. 

You applied early tho yes? Your history says you found out back in Jan? Hopefully it’s just different waves,

13 hours ago, hbgurley said:

ugh does anyone know if a LOR was submitted a few days after Jan 15, we don't get the priority deadline? that would be such a bummer. mine says the app was submitted Jan 22 but every other part was in by Jan 15..