Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not getting the interview invite.....


Anxiously Hopeful
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey,

I applied for a Ph.D. at Michigan State University and masters at other universities like Johns Hopkins, Arizona State, Purdue, University of Florida, and the University of Pittsburgh in the area of Biomedical Engineering but I haven't heard back yet. The wait and the anxiety accompanying it is killing me. Is it all over? Anyone in the same boat as me? ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I completely feel you on that. Supposedly results should be coming out soon, but it looks like, historically speaking, at least CU Boulder offers interviews by now. Seriously concerned that they're going to wait until March to tell me that I wasn't accepted. Feels bad, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Anxiously Hopeful said:

Hey,

I applied for a Ph.D. at Michigan State University and masters at other universities like Johns Hopkins, Arizona State, Purdue, University of Florida, and the University of Pittsburgh in the area of Biomedical Engineering but I haven't heard back yet. The wait and the anxiety accompanying it is killing me. Is it all over? Anyone in the same boat as me? ?  

I am definitely am on the same boat as you. I applied to PhD programs to University of Florida and University of Michigan for biomedical engineering and Cal Tech for medical engineering, and they have interviews and I didn't get invited. :'''''''((((( I am sure there are others schools that I don't know about, too.

I honestly don't know what that means when this happens, but I am still trying to be hopeful. I am going to keep my head up (with tears in my eyes) until they tell me that I have been rejected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, clehman13 said:

I completely feel you on that. Supposedly results should be coming out soon, but it looks like, historically speaking, at least CU Boulder offers interviews by now. Seriously concerned that they're going to wait until March to tell me that I wasn't accepted. Feels bad, man.

Being rejected twice from them, myself...they will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Moods said:

I am definitely am on the same boat as you. I applied to PhD programs to University of Florida and University of Michigan for biomedical engineering and Cal Tech for medical engineering, and they have interviews and I didn't get invited. :'''''''((((( I am sure there are others schools that I don't know about, too.

I honestly don't know what that means when this happens, but I am still trying to be hopeful. I am going to keep my head up (with tears in my eyes) until they tell me that I have been rejected.

At least you can go to Boston.  I'd trade Boston for UofF, any day.  Michigan is a toss up, but I still think I'd got to Boston.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

At least you can go to Boston.  I'd trade Boston for UofF, any day.  Michigan is a toss up, but I still think I'd got to Boston.

That's true. Boston was quite unexpected, but I am very grateful for being accepted. It is expensive to live there, but hopefully I can make it work on a tight budget and Boston seems like a really good school and the city seem awesome! It may be my only acceptance, but at least I have it. I am still holding out hope for you, @Ternwild. This will be your year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

I accept your challenge!  No one is better at being rejected than me!

I hereby challenge you! :P 

I have not heard from anywhere I dont think I'll be going into anywhere and this is my 4th cycle! :P I say it like I am proud of this but I"m not I swear! XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, StHoly said:

I hereby challenge you! :P 

I have not heard from anywhere I dont think I'll be going into anywhere and this is my 4th cycle! :P I say it like I am proud of this but I"m not I swear! XD

Well, I accept both of your challenges and hope that you both get in somewhere with good funding! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the team bro... I applied to McGill and Simon Fraser, and no update since 15 Jan... I wrote to my POIs after submitting everything, and they just said stuff like 'I look forward to reading your materials' or 'I'll consider your application alongside a few others', and that's all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2019 at 10:00 PM, HaoJu said:

Welcome to the team bro... I applied to McGill and Simon Fraser, and no update since 15 Jan... I wrote to my POIs after submitting everything, and they just said stuff like 'I look forward to reading your materials' or 'I'll consider your application alongside a few others', and that's all...

Yup! Same with me! I talked to POI before I applied, he replied within HOURS! Twice!

Then I email him again last week to check if he has seen my application - nope- zip-nada~~! So I think it's a rejection for me sadly! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.