Just received a crazy interview schedule. How many individual interviews do y'all have per school?

1|]010ls10o

I've had 2 interviews so far.

1. 4 solo with faculty, 0 solo with grad students, 0 group interviews
  2. 2 solo with faculty, 1 solo with grad student, 1 group interview

Just received another schedule with

3. 6 solo with faculty, 4 solo with grad student, 0 group interviews. Excluding 2 socials day of, and night before. IS THIS NORMAL??????? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

Just now, yikespsych said:

I had 2 student/3 faculty at one school and 2 student/2 faculty at another. Not envious of your crazy schedule - best of luck!!

Yikes indeed. I'm shocked that they lined me up like this. Feel like it's a shooting gallery.

9 minutes ago, 21n14l said:

I've had 2 interviews so far.

1. 4 solo with faculty, 0 solo with grad students, 0 group interviews
  2. 2 solo with faculty, 1 solo with grad student, 1 group interview

Just received another schedule with

3. 6 solo with faculty, 4 solo with grad student, 0 group interviews. Excluding 2 socials day of, and night before. IS THIS NORMAL??????? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I just had one yesterday. 3 group with faculty, 1 solo with faculty, 3 solo with grad students, and a group with all the grad students from the lab. The group interviews were surprisingly not as stressful as the solos. Good luck! 

21 minutes ago, nboehm said:

I just had one yesterday. 3 group with faculty, 1 solo with faculty, 3 solo with grad students, and a group with all the grad students from the lab. The group interviews were surprisingly not as stressful as the solos. Good luck! 

Agreed, the group interview I had felt more like a tour rather than an actual interview. So much pressure off. Even a solo with a grad student was more nerve racking. 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, Psyhopeful said:

My first schedule was 4 solo with faculty, 4 solo with a grad student, a social with just grad students, and a social with all students and faculty. 

Christ. Mind sharing what school/program this was? I'm excluding tours from the above too. Glad mine wasn't too far off from yours, was beginning to think they were weird for doing it this way.

I have had/will have: 

1: 2 Faculty, 2 Grad Student, 1 Group (Informal with all applicants applying to my POI)

2: 2 Faculty, 1 Postdoc, 1 Grad Student

Never had 6 with faculty though!! Are you interviewing with literally all clinical faculty members? Geeze!

I asked the other applicants at the interview what their schedules were like, and they said it was similar to mine. Some even had 11 individual interviews. Not only that, the other schools they applied to/were interviewed at had similar full-day schedules.

2 hours ago, chopper.wife said:

I have had/will have: 

1: 2 Faculty, 2 Grad Student, 1 Group (Informal with all applicants applying to my POI)

2: 2 Faculty, 1 Postdoc, 1 Grad Student

Never had 6 with faculty though!! Are you interviewing with literally all clinical faculty members? Geeze!

Nah, there were more faculty that I had to talk to at the socials though lol

Edited by 21n14l

Yup they seem super intense. I know a professor who went to UCLA and she said her interviews were 2 days of nonstop barraging.

I have one interview and there are 4 one-on-one faculty interviews (2 with clinical faculty/POIs, 1 with DGS, and 1 with associate director). The whole interview day is 7:45am to 5:30pm ? Then there's a happy hour until 9 with grad students afterwards. And this is the generic schedule, I'm sure they'll fill some of the down time with one-on-on grad student interviews etc. when I get my finalized itinerary.

At my most recent interview I had two interviews with grad students, one with three of them and the either with 5 of them. Then I interviewed with 7 of the faculty. It would have been 8 but one was out sick that day. WAY different than one of my other interviews which was only with 4 faculty.