Congrats to everyone accepted!!

This may be cheesy but I don't think people who aren't in the field know what an accomplishment it really is to get in to a program!! For years I've been scared of not getting in anywhere because of everyone in my classes always talking about how competitive it is. And waiting for so long after submitting apps was awful!! It's a huge relief to have acceptances and I'm really happy!! I feel like people don't hear it enough but getting accepted is a big deal and I'm proud of all my fellow speeches!! I'm proud of myself and proud of everyone that has had acceptances and will in the near future!! :) We did it!! And good luck to everyone as more schools send out their decisions!! ❤️ 

I'm so happy for you!!! I'm from out of field and deciding to do a post-bacc year was a huge financial risk. I went through academic hell last semester and worked a part time job. When I got my first acceptance recently, I felt so unbelievably relieved and happy that I cried! It's my proudest accomplishment. Yay to everyone who has gotten accepted so far! Good luck in grad school! 

After graduating with my undergrad, I immediately applied for grad school I didn't get in and was devastated. I decided to become an SLPA and gain work experience. Many SLPAs at the private practice where I work have tried really hard to get into grad school, some have tried for 5+ years. When I applied this round my supervisor told me she recently wrote over 4 LOR for other people and they didn't get in. I felt defeated from the moment I started applying and not to mention my GRE scores didn't match my studying. Fast forward to a few weeks after I applied to my last school...I got an email that I got in. The pressure is over!

Congrats to everyone!

Edited by Toya

6 minutes ago, Toya said:

After graduating with my undergrad, I immediately applied for grad school I didn't get in and was devastated. I decided to become an SLPA and gain work experience. Many SLPAs at the private practice where I work have tried really hard to get into grad school, some have tried for 5+ years. When I applied this round my supervisor told me she recently wrote over 4 LOR for other people and they didn't get in. I felt defeated from the moment I started applying and not to mention my GRE scores didn't match my studying. Fast forward to a few weeks after I applied to my last school...I got an email that I got in. The relieve and pressure is over!

Congrats to everyone!

That is such an awesome story - you so earned this! Congrats!