MSW Fall 2019 CSU?

gk8

I applied to CSUF, CSULA, CSUSB and CSULB for the MSW program for fall 2019.  I sent in my applications right before the priority deadline ended.  CSUSB and CSULB have my application under review for the program. Has anyone heard back from any of the schools mentioned for the MSW program? 

If you have,

When did you send in your application? How did you send it in?

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

How did you get your acceptance or rejection? 

Thank you.

Hi! I applied to CSUN, CSUSB, and SJSU, and I have yet to year back from all 3. I had an interview with CSUN last Thursday, 2/28, and I haven't heard anything yet. My SJSU application status is still "refer to grad department", meaning it has passed the university eligibility and is under department review. No word yet on CSUSB, though they did send an email saying my application is under department review. 

Good luck to you both!!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything yet from anyone. I haven't even gotten an interview. I have only gotten calls that I am missing information but I think everything is fixed now. This wait is so stressful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

The waiting process is SOOOO excruciating so I know how you feel but hang in there! I applied to CSUF for fall 2019 MSW program on the deadline of January 15th, got contacted for an interview on February 23rd and interviewed on February 27th, and got accepted on March 19th, and was contacted all through e-mail. For CSULA I sent the application on deadline and just got my letter of acceptance through mail April 7th. I applied to CSULB also but have not heard anything back yet! I sent this application on the deadline as well. 

Hope this helps and wish you luck!!!!

On 4/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Cocoaislife said:

Hello! 

The waiting process is SOOOO excruciating so I know how you feel but hang in there! I applied to CSUF for fall 2019 MSW program on the deadline of January 15th, got contacted for an interview on February 23rd and interviewed on February 27th, and got accepted on March 19th, and was contacted all through e-mail. For CSULA I sent the application on deadline and just got my letter of acceptance through mail April 7th. I applied to CSULB also but have not heard anything back yet! I sent this application on the deadline as well. 

Hope this helps and wish you luck!!!!

Is that CSU Fullerton or Fresno?

Also, I got an e-mail yesterday morning stating that I didn't get into CSU LB due to all seats already being filled and is based on rolling admissions...for that school would have been a good thing to apply early! 

Good luck to all! 

12 hours ago, Cocoaislife said:

Also, I got an e-mail yesterday morning stating that I didn't get into CSU LB due to all seats already being filled and is based on rolling admissions...for that school would have been a good thing to apply early! 

Good luck to all! 

WOW. That's so ridiculous and unfair to people who applied later or right on the deadline.  I would demand a refund if I were you.  ??

Edited by UCLAhopeful19

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my notice via email last week that I was wait listed for the 3 year MSW program at CSUF. Kind of bummed since I was a strong candidate for the program with a gpa of 3.86 going in, and three really great letters of recommendation (one of which was from the dept head for Human services program). I'm hoping that someone will decide they don't want to go there so I don't have to wait another year. 

Not sure what my chances are of being accepted offer the wait-list with only 30 in the cohort for fall.