Chapman University

1 hour ago, hiimkhanh said:

Can I ask when you interviewed?

if I was accepted, I would be conflicted on where to attend! Biola or Chapman 

I interviewed in February!

14 hours ago, SLP2BCE said:

I interviewed in February!

I’m still hoping for an admission, I interviewed March 4! Chapman is my number 1 pick, closest to my house and highest ranked school I interviewed at. 

Fingers crossed they are staggering admissions decisions like last year. 

May I ask - on ASHA’ edfind page, it said the majority of students last year had some form of funding. Was that discussed in your admission email? 

Also, did you receive the admission decision on Friday or on a different day? 

Edited by Rosegrl211

1 hour ago, Rosegrl211 said:

I’m still hoping for an admission, I interviewed March 4! Chapman is my number 1 pick, closest to my house and highest ranked school I interviewed at. 

Fingers crossed they are staggering admissions decisions like last year. 

May I ask - on ASHA’ edfind page, it said the majority of students last year had some form of funding. Was that discussed in your admission email? 

Also, did you receive the admission decision on Friday or on a different day? 

I also interviewed in February but I haven’t heard anything back yet. I wonder how the waves are determined and when we will find out if waitlisted or rejected. So nervous! 

Edited by Jspeechy

14 hours ago, sflemingo said:

I just got an acceptance by email!! So excited! Does anyone know if they do an open house or anything? I’d love to talk to some current students before making my decision.

They sent an email about an open house and tour of the campus. I got the open house email about 40 min after the acceptance email. 

13 hours ago, Slp2beeez said:

Has anyone been to Chapman before? Wondering about their campus or if anyone is going to the tour, I’d LOVE about hear about it. I’m in Michigan so I won’t be able to attend 

I have been to their main campus before but not where the department is! I am also unable to attend the open house but I do know the city is extremely nice and the main campus is pretty! I would love to hear how the open house is from someone who is able to go! 

22 hours ago, Slp2beeez said:

Has anyone been to Chapman before? Wondering about their campus or if anyone is going to the tour, I’d LOVE about hear about it. I’m in Michigan so I won’t be able to attend 

The speech department is at a new campus that’s in Irvine, not the main one in Orange. It’s very nice and everything seems high-tech, but it’s basically a big office building. It’s in an area of Irvine that’s surrounded by a lot of other offices. It was nice inside though!

Also, for the person asking: the open house is Thursday April 4. I would send them an email if you were accepted but didn’t get the invite to the open house ☺️

On 3/29/2019 at 11:56 PM, JessicaOchoa said:

Does anyone know if they have sent rejection letters out? I just haven't heard any news from them. 

Neither have I. Since they are hosting an open house fornaccepted applicants on April 4th, does that mean all acceptances have already gone out?! 

Hopefully this week we will hear back about waitlist/rejections. 

Edited by Jspeechy

1 hour ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Got waitlisted!!! Here is to hoping I get admitted later :)

I got waitlisted today as well! Did it say what position you were on the waitlist? Really hoping I get in to this one! Good luck :) 

2 hours ago, Socalspeechie said:

I got waitlisted today as well! Did it say what position you were on the waitlist? Really hoping I get in to this one! Good luck :) 

My friend that got waitlisted said that he was near the "top" of the waitlist. I think that's just a generic email though.. I don't think they would tell someone that they were near the bottom of the waitlist..

9 hours ago, socalslp2be said:

Accepted and will be going to Chapman :) I live 20 minutes from campus and 10 minutes from one of chapman’s mandatory practicum sites. Looking for at least one roommate (may end up being two)!!!! Anyone coming from out of state that would need a place down here?

Congratulations! I may or may not be looking for a roommate too! I'll let you know ?