CSD GPA question

To calculate CSD GPA, is this literally just taking the GPA of only CSD courses? Such as language development, speech science, hearing science, phonetics, etc. Dumb question and I think the answer is obvious, but just double checking.

Thanks in advance!

On 4/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, speechieontherun said:

Yes. They’ll have a category gpa for practically every subject. But comd will only consist of your communication disorders classes. 

Do you feel like schools really like to use this GPA when making decisions? Just discovered this fact and my CSD gpa is pretty good, so curious as to how much schools weigh on it.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, Toya said:

If you're using CSDCAS then American Sign Language also counts toward your GPA...I learned this the hard way.

Do you feel like schools really like to use this GPA when making decisions? Just discovered this fact and my CSD gpa is pretty good, so curious as to how much schools weigh on it.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:40 AM, mckennahslp said:

I personally feel they do.  My CSD GPA is 3.5, however, I majored in ASL ( and didn't do that well in some classes) so my "CSD" GPA was like 3.1 if you just looked at it on the CSDCAS paperwork. So in my SOI I explained my GPA, I personally feel it worked because this was my second cycle and I didn't do that in the previous one. 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, mckennahslp said:

Yes. My cumulative gpa was a 3.25 (I don’t think it’s high compared to other slp applicants.)

I honestly believe that my 3.90 COMD gpa (from a second bachelors) allowed me to be interviewed at every SoCal school that I applied to.

Edited by hiimkhanh