Pacific University grad admission SLP

45 minutes ago, CHOCCOCO said:

I will to. Do we have to send our immunization records by Monday??

I think we have until July? I have an appointment this week to get my TB test so I'm hoping I didn't read it wrong

12 hours ago, marisssaaaaa said:

I see you're from San Diego.. have you been looking into housing?

yes i was lookimg on craigslist for apartments just to get an idea. I heard all the grad students ive in Hillsboro.

I will spend my summer in NY then will move to Oregon August 1st.

HBU?

15 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

yes i was lookimg on craigslist for apartments just to get an idea. I heard all the grad students ive in Hillsboro.

I will spend my summer in NY then will move to Oregon August 1st.

HBU?

Hillsboro is a distance from the campus lol i wont have any transportation out there so I'm looking into apartments closer to the campus.

Same, I'm spending my summer in Hawaii and planning on moving to Oregon the 1st or 2nd weekend of August,].

I am going beginning of August to look for housing. I am hoping to have a room mate to reduce the costs and make friends ! I’m from SD. I too am going to NYC with my boyfriend for vacation . I’m gonna miss him so much!:(

I plan to bring my car just in case. I wonder if I have to register my car to get Oregon license plate..?

Edited by CHOCCOCO

1 hour ago, CHOCCOCO said:

I am going beginning of August to look for housing. I am hoping to have a room mate to reduce the costs and make friends ! I’m from SD. I too am going to NYC with my boyfriend for vacation . I’m gonna miss him so much!:(

I plan to bring my car just in case. I wonder if I have to register my car to get Oregon license plate..?

I was thinking about roommates too because of cost as well, but I haven't decided yet about living alone or having a roommate(s). 

Girl same! It's gonna be so hard being away from my bf!

That's a good questions, I know you have to in some states but idk about Oregon? 

8 hours ago, marisssaaaaa said:

Hillsboro is a distance from the campus lol i wont have any transportation out there so I'm looking into apartments closer to the campus.

Same, I'm spending my summer in Hawaii and planning on moving to Oregon the 1st or 2nd weekend of August,].

Yes it is a distance but I am selling my car here and leasing another one when i get there. Hawaii sounds like heaven, enjoy! 

I accepted too! I'm from Arizona so definitely interested in having a roommate. I kind of was thinking more Portland area because they block our classes to be twice a week and the grad student I talked to on interview day says that's where she lives and just drives the like 40-45 minutes. I just think it would be fun to live in the city. And I'm bringing my car! Has anyone thought about making a Facebook page? 

So, I did some stalking. The CSD department for Pacific has a face book page for current students and alumni. I don’t think a cohort page has been started. I’ll email Diana and ask if the program sets up a page or if students do it.

Okay, I emailed and got a prompt response  :D! I believe someone will be getting in touch with us within the next few days for more information and that there will be a cohort page. 

FYI if this helps anyone.

orientation is Aug 21 and first day of school Aug 26!

Can’t wait to meet y’all ❤️

5 hours ago, plughes said:

I accepted too! I'm from Arizona so definitely interested in having a roommate. I kind of was thinking more Portland area because they block our classes to be twice a week and the grad student I talked to on interview day says that's where she lives and just drives the like 40-45 minutes. I just think it would be fun to live in the city. And I'm bringing my car! Has anyone thought about making a Facebook page? 

I think I’m leaning more towards having a roommate as well the more I think about it. I know @CHOCCOCO was thinking about one too so we can roommate if you girls want to? Just message me if you girls are interested :) 

Yeah I was looking at apartments and found some nice once. I found one down the street from the school and another one in Hillsboro but haven’t researched anything else. Lol

2 hours ago, CHOCCOCO said:

Okay, I emailed and got a prompt response  :D! I believe someone will be getting in touch with us within the next few days for more information and that there will be a cohort page. 

You’re on it girl! Thanks :) 

I’m sure it helps us all :) 

On 4/15/2019 at 4:04 PM, CHOCCOCO said:

Thank you!!

On 4/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, plughes said:

Hi! I thought classes were three times a week. Maybe i got the wrong info. I would also prefer to live in Portland and if the classes are twice a week that is even better!

Edited by Sweetroll

23 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

Hi! I thought classes were three times a week. Maybe i got the wrong info. I would also prefer to live in Portland and if the classes are twice a week that is even better!

I'm pretty sure they said twice when I went to go interview and they are just a long 2 days. The first year I talked to lives in Portland and said her clinical is there and the drive isn't bad which I agree! Can always email Diana to double check if it is twice or 3 times!

58 minutes ago, plughes said:

I'm pretty sure they said twice when I went to go interview and they are just a long 2 days. The first year I talked to lives in Portland and said her clinical is there and the drive isn't bad which I agree! Can always email Diana to double check if it is twice or 3 times!

I think classes are 3 days (Mon, Tue, Wed) the first semester, and then 2 days a week the second semester. 

Also, if anyone has questions about the area, I moved up 2 years ago and live in Beaverton but worked in downtown Portland

28 minutes ago, speechiesam said:

I think classes are 3 days (Mon, Tue, Wed) the first semester, and then 2 days a week the second semester. 

Also, if anyone has questions about the area, I moved up 2 years ago and live in Beaverton but worked in downtown Portland

Yes! Where is the best area to live in? I don’t want to live in Portland because of traffic. What is the best way to look for housing ( online, specific website, advertisements)? 

I would like to be in a smoke free house hold. Do many people rent out rooms? I’d rather have an apartment and rent with other students.