Pacific University grad admission SLP

On 4/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, CHOCCOCO said:

Yes! Where is the best area to live in? I don’t want to live in Portland because of traffic. What is the best way to look for housing ( online, specific website, advertisements)? 

I would like to be in a smoke free house hold. Do many people rent out rooms? I’d rather have an apartment and rent with other students.

Hillsboro is cheaper than Beaverton from what I’ve heard, and a little closer to Forest Grove. Beaverton is a pretty large area, but it’s right next to Hillsboro. It’s about 35-40 minutes from where I am in Beaverton to campus. You’ll probably hit a little traffic no matter what unless you live in Forest Grove.

There are several Facebook groups for rooming in the greater Portland area where you can specify what type of environment you’re looking for.

Hope this helps!

On 4/15/2019 at 4:04 PM, CHOCCOCO said:

Okay, I emailed and got a prompt response  :D! I believe someone will be getting in touch with us within the next few days for more information and that there will be a cohort page. 

FYI if this helps anyone.

orientation is Aug 21 and first day of school Aug 26!

Can’t wait to meet y’all ❤️

Has anyone got an email yet?

11 hours ago, DireWolf said:

I got accepted off the waitlist! :D I'm so happy and excited to meet you all. I live in Milwaukie, Oregon so I'll just drive to campus. 

Congrats!

4 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

Has anyone got an email yet?

I’m so lame. I just re-read the email it said “Katie Lardy will be in contact over the next Few weeks with more information”.

Hope I didn’t create unnecessary anxiety ?

41 minutes ago, CHOCCOCO said:

I’m so lame. I just re-read the email it said “Katie Lardy will be in contact over the next Few weeks with more information”.

Hope I didn’t create unnecessary anxiety ?

LOL no worries. Thanks for clarifying 

Edited by Sweetroll

Hi guys! I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your acceptance at Pacific U. I am a current 1st-year grad student there and would be happy to answer any questions! It truly is a fantastic program and not like others. You guys are going to love it! Can't wait to meet all of you! 

33 minutes ago, aelwood14 said:

Hi guys! I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your acceptance at Pacific U. I am a current 1st-year grad student there and would be happy to answer any questions! It truly is a fantastic program and not like others. You guys are going to love it! Can't wait to meet all of you! 

Hi! I was wondering did someone in your class make a fb group or did the department reach out to you to tell you there is one? Or does your class not have a fb group?

Hi, 

Two of my classmates who did their post-bac through Pacific created our fb page. I'm sure you guys can make one though? You will eventually have one though. Also, you will be placed into a FB group with all of the current 1-year students (second years starting the fall), as well as a group with all the past cohort alumni, professors, and current students in the program. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 3:32 PM, plughes said:

I'm pretty sure they said twice when I went to go interview and they are just a long 2 days. The first year I talked to lives in Portland and said her clinical is there and the drive isn't bad which I agree! Can always email Diana to double check if it is twice or 3 times!

Hey! I’m current first year student. Fall semester you  will have class Monday-Wednesday with some labs and community screenings on Thursday and Friday. Spring semester there is only class Monday/Wednesday and practicum on Tuesday/Thursday :) 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I hope you all see this one year later! I am looking at grad schools for SLP and Pacific University has been recommended to me by three different people.  How has your first year been going at Pacific University with COVID regulations?  Do they have a solid online program now?  Are you in clinic?  Do you feel like you're getting your moneys worth through your experience there?  It is an expensive university and I keep doubting whether I should apply or not.

Thank you,

Happy studies