Should I give up??

I got wait listed at BGSU,WMU and ohio university. But I still dint hear back anything from them. Should I wait or give up?? I am just so stressed because of this waiting game. 

23 minutes ago, Warelin said:

As mentioned before, the April 15th Resolution applies to funded offers only. 

I think what @AlwaysaFalcon was referring to is most speech-language pathology programs send out their initial acceptances by April 15, and those students are usually asked by the individual schools to respond by April 15. :) I don’t think she was referring to the resolution.

@Rezzy S. Yes that is what I was referring too. Thank you for the clarification. Programs may take a significant amount of time to go through their waitlist to decide who they want to take off of it. That was the case for me when I was accepted off a waitlist in July. I know other people that were taken off of waitlists later as well. 

@alwaysafalcon  

On 4/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, AlwaysaFalcon said:

Do not give up! I got off the waitlist for one school at the end of July! The April 15th decision day was not that long ago and the department is still trying to go through their cohort. It's not over till it's over. 

how do you like Governors state ?????? I was accepted for this Fall but it is between chicago and DC for me 

On 4/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, SLP2019isHere said:

@alwaysafalcon  

how do you like Governors state ?????? I was accepted for this Fall but it is between chicago and DC for me 

I really like Governors! I have a great class of guys and girls! It's affordable and I like how you focus on classes first then do your practicum. Unfortunately the only thing is this makes your program itself a little longer than traditional programs. 

20 hours ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

I really like Governors! I have a great class of guys and girls! It's affordable and I like how you focus on classes first then do your practicum. Unfortunately the only thing is this makes your program itself a little longer than traditional programs. 

That what is hindering my decision honestly... I was accepted to UDC in Washington, DC and if I went with Governors State it would take me an extra 2 semesters to complete. 
UDC is public, and costs the same as GSU. So I have been stuck on what I should do!!

7 hours ago, SLP2019isHere said:

That what is hindering my decision honestly... I was accepted to UDC in Washington, DC and if I went with Governors State it would take me an extra 2 semesters to complete. 
UDC is public, and costs the same as GSU. So I have been stuck on what I should do!!

I understand! It's totally up to you. I guess the only thing I can say is there maybe a different cost of living between the two. 

On 5/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, SLP2019isHere said:

Hi, I applied to UDC hoping to get in! If you don't mind how did you get acceptance this early with deadline of May 15?

18 hours ago, slpelle19 said:

Hi, I applied to UDC hoping to get in! If you don't mind how did you get acceptance this early with deadline of May 15?

Hi! I actually applied to all of my schools before December and was requested to interview in February. (It was a while until I was requested to interview) as you know you have to mail everything in and I did but I think I mailed to the wrong building but they eventually got it). I interviewed on March 7th I believe and didnt hear back until like 2-3 weeks later but it was also because they were on spring break so it took a little long. From what I understand they make a decision immediately and then the Graduate school generates a letter. The faculty was super super nice!
Have you interviewed yet? 
Is this your number 1 choice? or are you waiting for other schools, or is this like a backup plan
I am so glad someone else is hoping to get in! lol I know since it is early I dont expect other people to post their stats but I fell like I am alone in this cohort (dramatic lol) 
Feel free to message me if you have questions!!

4 hours ago, SLP2019isHere said:

Hi! I actually applied to all of my schools before December and was requested to interview in February. (It was a while until I was requested to interview) as you know you have to mail everything in and I did but I think I mailed to the wrong building but they eventually got it). I interviewed on March 7th I believe and didnt hear back until like 2-3 weeks later but it was also because they were on spring break so it took a little long. From what I understand they make a decision immediately and then the Graduate school generates a letter. The faculty was super super nice!
Have you interviewed yet? 
Is this your number 1 choice? or are you waiting for other schools, or is this like a backup plan
I am so glad someone else is hoping to get in! lol I know since it is early I dont expect other people to post their stats but I fell like I am alone in this cohort (dramatic lol) 
Feel free to message me if you have questions!!

Thanks for your response, I will be messaging you.