Things you want/needed for grad school

Great idea for post!  I have my list of "office" supplies ready, but all I really want is a DESK.  I just started in May and have basically taken over my family's kitchen table.  I need my own space.   Glad to have a fairly new laptop, comfy headphones for my online classes, and plenty of printer ink and paper to print out lecture slides.  And I love my backpack.  ? 

https://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Business-Charging-Resistant-Computer/dp/B06XZTZ7GB/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F9EA69XX815PBZAH0PG3  

The number one thing that I appreciated having during grad school is Google Drive. I'd recommend organizing by classes as well as making folders for topic areas for resources. It's amazing to be at an externship and be able to pull up all of your materials. Also, when a computer died on me during grad school--no problem. I had everything organized and backed up already. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, slporbust2016 said:

The number one thing that I appreciated having during grad school is Google Drive. I'd recommend organizing by classes as well as making folders for topic areas for resources. It's amazing to be at an externship and be able to pull up all of your materials. Also, when a computer died on me during grad school--no problem. I had everything organized and backed up already. 

Great idea! Will be sure to do this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, HabaneroPepper said:

Great idea! Will be sure to do this.

Yes! I do this and it was SO helpful when I had to do a partner project with my partner who is 7 hours away from me! I made a joint filter on google drive with her and we used it to make our notes and script for our “podcast” episode for cultural and linguistic diversity class.