MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

Congrats to every single one of you that just received admission offers! I'm sure you're all excited.

Still waiting to hear from U of A. Applied to the health promotion stream (distance learning).

I wish the the rest of us who are still expecting good luck.

If you got a rejection letter, don't give up. U of A is my 14th mph application in 8 years.....and the 3rd to a Canadian university. Got admitted to most but couldn't attend due to funds. I'm not giving up till I get what I want. 

Holy shit. After seeing cellulose94 say they got admission and i didnt, i despaired and thought i got a rejection. Decided to treat myself with waaayy too much junk food. Today i got a haircut, pizza and admission for MPH applied biostats.  

I already posted my stats, but here they are again. I finished bsc biochem spec. 3.5-3.6gpa in 2016. Did a power engineering course after. Spent all of last year volunteering at numerous different places and in relevant fields for those references. Got a udemy certificate for sql(not sure if that helped). Had an absolutely killer sop which i hashed out in a week. Applied october. Last reference in by early november.  

Oh and i currently have a job in data processing.

Super excited and gonna go send my LORs updates and more thankyou emails

Edited by Pawtato

5 minutes ago, Pawtato said:

Holy shit. After seeing cellulose94 say they got admission and i didnt, i despaired and thought i got a rejection. Decided to treat myself with waaayy too much junk food. Today i got a haircut, pizza and admission for MPH applied biostats.  

I already posted my stats, but here they are again. I finished bsc biochem spec. 3.5-3.6gpa in 2016. Did a power engineering course after. Spent all of last year volunteering at numerous different places and in relevant fields for those references. Got a udemy certificate for sql(not sure if that helped). Had an absolutely killer sop which i hashed out in a week. Applied october. Last reference in by early november.  

Oh and i currently have a job in data processing.

Super excited and gonna go send my LORs updates and more thankyou emails

Congrats. Are you an international student?

7 hours ago, EOO said:

Congrats to every single one of you that just received admission offers! I'm sure you're all excited.

Still waiting to hear from U of A. Applied to the health promotion stream (distance learning).

I wish the the rest of us who are still expecting good luck.

If you got a rejection letter, don't give up. U of A is my 14th mph application in 8 years.....and the 3rd to a Canadian university. Got admitted to most but couldn't attend due to funds. I'm not giving up till I get what I want. 

Good EOO, I pray your persistence yields this year. Good Luck. Another senior member here. But I have been a oral health researcher for almost a decade now. Just wanted to improve my knowledge in stats. Awaiting some news soon. (Fingers crossed)

42 minutes ago, SamuelSR said:

Good EOO, I pray your persistence yields this year. Good Luck. Another senior member here. But I have been a oral health researcher for almost a decade now. Just wanted to improve my knowledge in stats. Awaiting some news soon. (Fingers crossed)

Thanks! Nice to meet someone else in the oral health field....I became a dentist in 2009 (I'm not that old though, lol!) but haven't practiced since last year Oct. I wish you the very best in your application.

2 hours ago, Mphasp said:

Congratulations are you domestic or international student and which stream did you apply 

Thanks so much! I'm domestic, and there are no streams for the mph at mcmaster its just general and then after first semester you choose thesis or course based :) 

1 hour ago, EOO said:

Thanks! Nice to meet someone else in the oral health field....I became a dentist in 2009 (I'm not that old though, lol!) but haven't practiced since last year Oct. I wish you the very best in your application.

HA ha ha I finished in 2010 :). Cheers Senior!

6 hours ago, Titania said:

Hi!

new here. Did anyone apply to U of A MPH Global Health and have heard from them?

I’m yet to receive a feedback.

Apparently they do admissions in batches/rolling admissions. So if you applied later, you night not hear for a bit.

2 hours ago, Pawtato said:

Apparently they do admissions in batches/rolling admissions. So if you applied later, you night not hear for a bit.

Oh okay. I applied in December. I can see on the forum that applicants of other MPH specializations at U of A SPH have started receiving decisions...

I’m super nervous. Hoping for the best.

3 hours ago, Titania said:

Oh okay. I applied in December. I can see on the forum that applicants of other MPH specializations at U of A SPH have started receiving decisions...

I’m super nervous. Hoping for the best.

i've applied in late November and have not heard back yet. 

Applied to UofA Health Promo

3 hours ago, Miday said:

I think more admissions will still roll out for U of A this week. Deadline to accept the offer was April 18. 

All the best 

that's good to know!

Yea, mine's also still under review. 

2 hours ago, SamuelSR said:

Klesis and Meeha: is your document check complete, it is worrying me that UA said all the results will be sent before april 1 but the department ahs not even reviewed my file yet. 

Do you mean department check one and two