MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

17 hours ago, EOO said:

I don't think it's something to be worried about. What you need to monitor is your bear tracks. If it's says application complete, then you are fine. The spot for CV is showing pending for me because I changed my uploaded CV before the deadline. I also updated my address which didn't reflect on the portal. I sent a mail about it and I was told the most important info to follow is the one on the bear tracks and to make sure I updated my address on it.

My bear track shows Priority 1, application complete but decision pending. I submitted Oct 29 but my last reference didn't get to them until 2-3 weeks before the deadline. 

PS: I applied to U of A health promotion stream (distance learning)

My bear track says, this application requires action, and when I click the TO do list it states application Complete. But I don't find any details with regard to the status of the application in bear track. ;(

2 hours ago, SamuelSR said:

My bear track says, this application requires action, and when I click the TO do list it states application Complete. But I don't find any details with regard to the status of the application in bear track. ;(

Nothing like "application status: decision pending"? You may need to contact them. I think calls are better than emails......you get faster answers that way. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mphasp said:

And what does priority in application status mean

I guess we are allowed to apply to more than 1 program at U & A and the priority shows the sequence of our priority of the programs. By default, if you have applied to just one program, the priority would show 1. Hope this helps:)

6 hours ago, Swati95 said:

I guess we are allowed to apply to more than 1 program at U & A and the priority shows the sequence of our priority of the programs. By default, if you have applied to just one program, the priority would show 1. Hope this helps:)

was about to say! 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, Swati95 said:

I don't think so. My friend has applied to two different programs and priority reads 1 for both. So I doubt that's the meaning. 

2 hours ago, SheeBella said:

I don't think so. My friend has applied to two different programs and priority reads 1 for both. So I doubt that's the meaning. 

That's interesting. I hope we hear from them very soon.....it's March already.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 1:27 AM, EOO said:

Nothing like "application status: decision pending"? You may need to contact them. I think calls are better than emails......you get faster answers that way. 

evision portal says decision pending/review

bear track requires action, anyway going to call them today

43 minutes ago, Anon2 said:

Anyone hear back from UofT (for any of the streams) yet?

I emailed yesterday to see if they have any timeline but still haven’t gotten a response. I was totally chill until this week- now I’m anxiously checking emails and this portal for updates lol

On 2/23/2020 at 8:47 PM, IndigenousHealth2020 said:

Has anyone applied to the Indigenous Health at University of Toronto? I haven't seen anyone talk about it much here! Also, does anyone know how it compares with other programs on competitiveness? It's my first choice and I am feeling so nervous. Good luck to everyone here :) 

I applied to this! It’s the only program I put in for so really hoping it works out :) 

4 hours ago, Anon2 said:

Anyone hear back from UofT (for any of the streams) yet?

I had an interview for U of T's MPH in Nutrition and Dietetics last week. We were told successful applicants will be contacted on March 5 for this stream! I think it's a different process than other streams though... 

Don’t know if anyone here applied to McGill’s Occupational Health and Safety program, but I got an email yesterday saying they’ll be recommending me for admission.
Stats: got my undergrad in Bio from a Canadian uni, 3.7 CGPA although I graduated a few years ago. In 2018,  went back to take one course at the uni I graduated from and was lucky to get a 4.0 in that course. Worked for 3 Fortune 500 companies since graduation in an industry totally unrelated to Health and Safety or Bio. So happy as I didn’t think I stood a chance since I was told by the department that the program is very competitive, accepting fewer than 10 people every year. 

49 minutes ago, McGillHope said:

Don’t know if anyone here applied to McGill’s Occupational Health and Safety program, but I got an email yesterday saying they’ll be recommending me for admission.
Stats: got my undergrad in Bio from a Canadian uni, 3.7 CGPA although I graduated a few years ago. In 2018,  went back to take one course at the uni I graduated from and was lucky to get a 4.0 in that course. Worked for 3 Fortune 500 companies since graduation in an industry totally unrelated to Health and Safety or Bio. So happy as I didn’t think I stood a chance since I was told by the department that the program is very competitive, accepting fewer than 10 people every year. 

Congratulations 

21 hours ago, Meeha said:

Has anyone heard back from U of A? Or lakehead /waterloo/ Uvic ? 

I am getting a little anxious.

Hey Meeha!

Have you heard anything back from Brock/ do you know when they will be sending out their admissions? I'm so worried as I haven't heard anything back yet!

19 minutes ago, MPHtwenty said:

Hey Meeha!

Have you heard anything back from Brock/ do you know when they will be sending out their admissions? I'm so worried as I haven't heard anything back yet!

Hey!

I have not heard back from them either and have no idea when they will send out acceptances if they haven't already started. What other universities have you applied to? I have applied to 5 and have not heard from any of them so getting a little worried that maybe this year might not be the year for me 

12 hours ago, McGillHope said:

Congrats!!!

20 minutes ago, Cellulose94 said:

Hi guys! Received an acceptance letter from UofA just now for Applied Biostatistics. All the best to you guys! :) 

Congrats!!!! Can you please share your profile? 

I applied to their health promotion stream and still waiting to hear back