MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

17 hours ago, SheeBella said:

I think they put everything into consideration. I saw somewhere on their website that for the MPH applicants, work experience really matters. But again it goes on to say that evaluation is done depending on one's GPA, SOP, Work experience and references... 

I have a friend who was rejected in 2017, reapplied in 2018 with a stronger SOP and was accepted. So maybe working on the SOP would help?? 

Plus of course early submission of application. The earlier the better. 

Long time lurker and first time applicant here! Why is the earlier the better? I always just assumed as long as it is submitted before the deadline it is all equally considered but is that not the case?

9 hours ago, mph2020hopeful said:

Long time lurker and first time applicant here! Why is the earlier the better? I always just assumed as long as it is submitted before the deadline it is all equally considered but is that not the case?

I believe they all have first come first serve for any kind of applications. 

On 2/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, duonggnguyen18 said:

I submitted on Oct 30, assuming it was pretty early.

my application stucked at Pre-screening for a while now and unfortunately i must make decision on whether or not accepting the post graduate course immediatly so I kinda give up the Master program at U of A.

anyways, good luck bc having a Master in Canada is a pretty big deal!

Nah, please don't give up. It's too early to do that. Be optimistic. 

Good luck! 

13 hours ago, mph2020hopeful said:

Hi, ok, I may not know this but I've seen quite a number of universities encouraging early submission. I also believe that universities with rolling admissions review applications as they are received, so in this case first come, first served. For example if 2 people had the same profile and there's a place for one, and maybe one applied on the first week and the other on the last week, I believe the one who applied first would be given the chance. Just my thoughts. Lol! 

Good luck! 

15 hours ago, Mph201999 said:

if you are interested in applying u of a, you can ask me questions :). 

Thank you so much for your willingness to help. 

Approximately how many students get admitted to MPH? Also, would you know the approximate figures for all the concentrations? 

Kind regards. 

23 hours ago, Mph201999 said:

Hi. I know MPH students from U of A, the health promotion are the most competitive concentrations  they have 20 ish for 40 people. your gpa is ok,  but not strong 

Yes I Know. I am hoping for the best but thinking I may have to improve my application for next year 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, Swati95 said:

Hello all!

I am an international applicant from India and I'm applying to MPH at UBC. I was wondering if anyone here knows what the acceptance rate is?

Thank you in advance and good luck everyone:) 

hi i am harshitha from India. completed my pharm d from India. i I have applied to U of guelph and  U of Mac masters

Moved to Under review.  Applied for biostats mph. GPA isnt the most stellar at 3.6ish and I only started grinding hard all of last year for relevant references for my application. I've been studying on my own time to hit the ground running if I get in as Im hoping to change my career field, but the limited seats make me nervous.

4 hours ago, Pawtato said:

Moved to Under review.  Applied for biostats mph. GPA isnt the most stellar at 3.6ish and I only started grinding hard all of last year for relevant references for my application. I've been studying on my own time to hit the ground running if I get in as Im hoping to change my career field, but the limited seats make me nervous.

Hello. Changed to under review too. Applied to Food Safety Mph. Hopefully, we are gonna hear from them soon. The wait is killing.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, Anon2 said:

This is honestly so long of a wait ngl, especially considering that there's literally complete radio silence from the day of the deadline to the day they make a decision 2-3 months later aha

But anyways, thanks!

I know, it's killing me too!!

From what I read on the thread last year some schools wait until April so UoT is actually one of the quicker ones lol

On 2/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, Meeha said:

Mine changed to under review as well ahh so nervous... I really hope we all receive positive news!! 

Do you guys know roughly how long it takes to hear back. I am so nervous and the wait is intensifying it all! 

3 hours ago, sqlmami said:

Do you guys know roughly how long it takes to hear back. I am so nervous and the wait is intensifying it all! 

Tbh I'm not too sure. It differs each year. Last year some heard back as early as the end of jan and beginning of Feb.  I think we should be hearing from them very soon. I would give it another week or two 

18 minutes ago, Meeha said:

Has anyone heard from  U of A at all? Considering that they had the earliest submission deadline shouldn't we have heard from them already? 

I believe someone earlier in the thread said they talked to someone in admissions at UofA and they are estimating mid March to April for admissions. Maybe they're running a bit behind. 

11 hours ago, IndigenousHealth2020 said:

Has anyone applied to the Indigenous Health at University of Toronto? I haven't seen anyone talk about it much here! Also, does anyone know how it compares with other programs on competitiveness? It's my first choice and I am feeling so nervous. Good luck to everyone here :) 

Hey! Yes I applied to the same program! It’s also my first choice. Message me and we can share stats and chat about it! :)