MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

23 minutes ago, Cellulose94 said:

Hi guys! Received an acceptance letter from UofA just now for Applied Biostatistics. All the best to you guys! :) 

HI, congratulations on your acceptance. I had also applied for the biostats program and can you kindly share your profile if you don't mind. 

4 hours ago, Cellulose94 said:

Hi guys! Received an acceptance letter from UofA just now for Applied Biostatistics. All the best to you guys! :) 

Congrats!!! How were u notified of ur admission?

On 3/4/2020 at 11:30 AM, Meeha said:

Hey!

I have not heard back from them either and have no idea when they will send out acceptances if they haven't already started. What other universities have you applied to? I have applied to 5 and have not heard from any of them so getting a little worried that maybe this year might not be the year for me 

I actually only applied for Brock because I wanted an online masters. I was considering applying to Waterloo too but I was a little hesitant because I'm completing my undergrad in kin right now which is quite different and I feel I lack the experience. The only reason why I applied for Brock is because I emailed the faculty director and he said he believes that my experience (in hospitals, gyms, and rehab therapy support) can be used as public health experience. If I dont get in this year im going to work to strengthen my application and apply to Brock/Waterloo next year. I feel like I'd have a better chance of getting into Guelph because that's my home school and I have good relationships with many profs but I live super far and the commute has killed me the last two years. 

Other information about me:

BASc in Kin graduating this year
sGPA (last 20 credits): 3.98; don't have a cGPA as I bridged from college and just received transfer credits
Received an A+ in stats (90), A in research methods (87)
Been a research assistant at UHN and for a prof at University of Guelph
Most experience in health has been as a physiotherapist/rehab assistant at UHN, clinical settings, and I work at a community gym as well

Let me know if anybody else hears anything from Brock!!

Has anyone heard back from Queens or contacted them regarding when we'll hear back? I also applied to Guelph and it says on their website that we'll hear back in April but I haven't really seen anything official online for Queens. I know someone here said based on last year, we'll probably hear back mid-end of March. But last year friends of mine got accepted to Brock in February whereas this year I don't think they even sent out any offers yet.

I'm internally freaking out everyday. I know we'll get an email but I probably check the portal for Queens like 2-3 times a day. Stupid anxiety! ? 

34 minutes ago, phlove33 said:

Has anyone heard back from Queens or contacted them regarding when we'll hear back? I also applied to Guelph and it says on their website that we'll hear back in April but I haven't really seen anything official online for Queens. I know someone here said based on last year, we'll probably hear back mid-end of March. But last year friends of mine got accepted to Brock in February whereas this year I don't think they even sent out any offers yet.

I'm internally freaking out everyday. I know we'll get an email but I probably check the portal for Queens like 2-3 times a day. Stupid anxiety! ? 

I’m the exact same way! I’ve honestly been checking my email every 10 minutes all week. I looked through the forums and it looks like last year Queens sent out their first round of offers on March 14th, but the year before they sent them out on March 1st. I didn’t want to contact them because they’re probably so busy, but i think we could hear any time now really! Good luck ?

1 hour ago, MPHtwenty said:

I actually only applied for Brock because I wanted an online masters. I was considering applying to Waterloo too but I was a little hesitant because I'm completing my undergrad in kin right now which is quite different and I feel I lack the experience. The only reason why I applied for Brock is because I emailed the faculty director and he said he believes that my experience (in hospitals, gyms, and rehab therapy support) can be used as public health experience. If I dont get in this year im going to work to strengthen my application and apply to Brock/Waterloo next year. I feel like I'd have a better chance of getting into Guelph because that's my home school and I have good relationships with many profs but I live super far and the commute has killed me the last two years. 

Other information about me:

BASc in Kin graduating this year
sGPA (last 20 credits): 3.98; don't have a cGPA as I bridged from college and just received transfer credits
Received an A+ in stats (90), A in research methods (87)
Been a research assistant at UHN and for a prof at University of Guelph
Most experience in health has been as a physiotherapist/rehab assistant at UHN, clinical settings, and I work at a community gym as well

Let me know if anybody else hears anything from Brock!! 

Your profile is pretty competitive I would say. I hope you hear back from them! Goodluck 

Hello everyone,

I had interviewed with U of T's OEH MPH program in early February. I received an email this afternoon informing me that a decision had been made by them: I checked the SGS portal and unfortunately did not make the cut this year. Rejection is hard but I am optimistic about the future. Good luck to everyone else with their respective applications.

1 hour ago, Hedwig said:

Hello everyone,

I had interviewed with U of T's OEH MPH program in early February. I received an email this afternoon informing me that a decision had been made by them: I checked the SGS portal and unfortunately did not make the cut this year. Rejection is hard but I am optimistic about the future. Good luck to everyone else with their respective applications.

I am so sorry to hear!!! Did you apply to any other programs? 

6 minutes ago, ruralbcgal said:

Hi everyone! I just received my acceptance to the UofA's MPH Health Policy and Management program! 

I also applied to UBC and SFU so hopefully we hear from them soon. 

Congrats!!! Can you share your profile 

33 minutes ago, aussie98 said:

Hi everyone! Just got my acceptance to McMaster MPH! ?

1 minute ago, Erinn_M said:

I received mine today as well. Congrats!

Congratulations both! Do you mind sharing your background info? (Constantly trying to gauge my chances of acceptance to different programs)

Just now, mphapplicanthaa said:

Congratulations both! Do you mind sharing your background info? (Constantly trying to gauge my chances of acceptance to different programs)

Thanks! Domestic applicant, Mature student, 2 undergrad degrees, community work experience in social service field and in academic healthcare research

Hi guys. I submitted my application 3 days before the deadline and got the references in the day before the deadline. Wasn't a smart move and was pretty stressful. 

I got notified through email on March 4th that my status had changed on the GSMS portal and that I had to login to see the message. 

My profile:

- I graduated from UofA in 2017 with a BSc in Neuroscience Honors. GPA was 3.67 and I took one course in Statistics (grade B+) and several Math courses (mostly As). 

- 3 years of research experience (as a research assistant and also through research courses in 4th year) in Faculty of Physical Education, Department of Psychology and Department of Psychiatry during my undergrad. Got exposure to data analysis on SPSS through these research experiences. 

- Lots of leadership roles in student clubs like students for vaccination awareness, DiscoverE, Students for Refugees, Safewal, Creative Writing Club, etc. throughout university. 

-For the past 3 years I have worked at several different places (most of them unrelated to my field of education). I have worked at a bank as a administrative assistant/triage analyst, at a Physiotherapy clinic as a physiotherapy assistant (this has been my part - time job for the past 3 years because I wanted to have some consistent health care experience) and as a accounts receivable analyst at a company.

-Strong letter of references (from a Physiotherapist, Professor and Team lead from the bank job). I made suggestions on things they should mention in the reference letters. 

Good luck to all of you! 

PM me if you have any other questions. 

Edited by Cellulose94