MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

1 hour ago, Sekai said:

Got an offer from Western today. They sent multiple emails including one with the letter of offer. I've already accepted my offer from SFU last week, so I declined. Speaking of, if anyone else has also accepted SFU's offer, let me know so I can add you to our ongoing group message. :)

Also received an email from Waterloo explaining most of their staff are working remotely and they're trying to get through the applications as soon as possible. 

Congrats!!! :) Western is my top choice but I haven't heard anything back yet ah

41 minutes ago, MPH2020Canada said:

Congrats!!! :) Western is my top choice but I haven't heard anything back yet ah

I haven't heard anything from western yet either.. Hopefully they will still send out acceptances next week.

For those of you waiting for queen's, they said that I was on the waitlist, so if you haven't been accepted or rejected, probably the same- although it's just a guess.

Hey everyone! Creeped this thread for a while and decided to post for the first time! I got accepted into UofT health promotion this morning and have accepted my offer ? I really like how UofT emphasizes combining research with social advocacy so it was always my number 1 choice. I got an email telling me there was an update in my SGS account and after logging in I saw the acceptance letter. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread and all the super helpful posts, congratulations to everyone who has been accepted into their desired programs! Wishing luck to those who are still waiting to hear back! If you have any questions about my experience while applying you can always reply to me or message me! 

Edited by mph2020canadauoft

For those who applied to UofA's MPH Health Promo stream, I most likely will not be accepting the offer, as I will be going for another program within the university. Still hope to see you all on campus and hope to take some School of Public Health courses as electives! 

Hey all, long time lurker here! Congratulations to everyone who got in, and who is making hard choices between programs!

I applied to the U of A MPH Health Promotion (on campus) and have been under review on the grad portal for over a month! Still waiting and excited to hear when i do, as UAlberta is the only school i applied to! :)

29 minutes ago, mphboundhopefully said:

Hey all, long time lurker here! Congratulations to everyone who got in, and who is making hard choices between programs!

I applied to the U of A MPH Health Promotion (on campus) and have been under review on the grad portal for over a month! Still waiting and excited to hear when i do, as UAlberta is the only school i applied to! :)

Hey there! I am in the same situation with the application status at UofA.  Same as you, their MPH HP stream is the only MPH program I applied to. I did contact them and they said they should have all responses out by April 15th. Hang in there! :)

11 hours ago, Anon2 said:

For those enrolled in UofT's MPH, is there anything else to do except sign the confirmation form?

You also have to send your official transcript to the department. If you graduated from UofT, then you only need to sign the confirmation form.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, Anon2 said:

Anyone know ANYTHING about the general experiences of students in the UofT MPH in Epidemiology? Do people enjoy it? How are the Professors? Are grades hard to come by? How much do the practicums pay on average? 

Hey, I replied to your message, but I'll try to answer these questions too.

• How are the Professors?

I've only met 3 profs in a social/casual setting. They all seem like nice people. I've had several interactions with David Fisman, the division head, and he's a pretty chill guy but always has a million things going on in his head.

• Are grades hard to come by?

I've heard stories and know people who successfully asked their profs for extra credit, to retake an exam because they didn't do well, and to ask for extensions due to trivial reasons. Based on my experience at UofT, people tend to be more lenient on grad students compared to undergrads. Some departments will literally refuse to fail you because it looks bad on department.

Edited by NovaTerra

19 hours ago, mmtw said:

Hey there! I am in the same situation with the application status at UofA.  Same as you, their MPH HP stream is the only MPH program I applied to. I did contact them and they said they should have all responses out by April 15th. Hang in there! :)

All the best !! 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:11 AM, mmtw said:

First they said April1, now 15th and another person in the forum mentioned april 20th. We cant lose other offers waiting on one univ. I how the univ people understand it too. 

1 hour ago, Meeha said:

I am still waiting to hear from waterloo, lakehead and UofA. 

Anyone who is waiting on these universities have you heard anything ?

I'm waiting on all those three universities as well! 

Waterloo sent out an email last week saying that they apologize for the wait. We should be have an answer by April 24th for final decisions. I've noticed that some people in this forum has gotten offers from all three schools so they've definitely sent some out!