DAAD PhD Scholarship 2020/21

Artaud

Hello everyone, 

I'm starting this topic to exchange questions and help each other regarding the DAAD "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2020/21" (N° 57440921). Also to let us know our application progress.

Best of luck to all of us!

• 4 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Artaud said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm starting this topic to exchange questions and help each other regarding the DAAD "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2020/21" (N° 57440921). Also to let us know our application progress.

Best of luck to all of us!

hi, Artaud, did you hear from daad? interview held? what is your status?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just like last year they had the results by the end of February and March. It depends on what strand do you belong to. I applied for PhD Research Grant 20/21 in the field of Ecology and Natural Science. Unlike others, i didn't have interview and my status is still application submitted up until now. Neither of this matter actually because it depends region from region. Some might receive changes in the status some might not. What we are all waiting for is a document containing "Letter of Award". This will gonna be the longest month of my life as everyone else's. Lets hope for the best!

My status is also "application submitted".

Last week I received an email from the local DAAD office, saying that we won't have general interviews, but they will interview English speaking candidates that have some German knowledge to check their German language skills. The email also said that this interview will not affect the fate of the scholarship in any way. 

Does anyone know what this interview is for? 

• 2 weeks later...

I will be back in this thread after 1st week of march because it is then when we receive the letter of award. Longest days.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, Esteban Arias said:

Hello,

Have you heard any news regarding the scholarship application?

Best regards,

Esteban,

Hi Esteban,

if i'm not mistaking you also applied last year? how did it went?

hope you'll get it this time.

longest days indeed.

All the best,

Wilbert

On 2/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, Wilbert ST34 said:

I will be back in this thread after 1st week of march because it is then when we receive the letter of award. Longest days.

Hi Esteban,

if i'm not mistaking you also applied last year? how did it went?

hope you'll get it this time.

longest days indeed.

All the best,

Wilbert

Yep, got rejected. Waiting for better news this year but with no false hopes this time.

Best of luck to you too.

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, Esteban Arias said:

Yep, got rejected. Waiting for better news this year but with no false hopes this time.

Best of luck to you too.

Hi
First of all, I wish you luck. Secondly, I was wondering one thing: do you think they send the rejection "news" earlier or they sent all the feecbacks at the same time?  I am a master's thesis student and this year I applied to the short term research grant (due was 16th Nov.) and they told me they will announce the results within 3 weeks after the commitee gather up in March. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, esraC said:

Hi
First of all, I wish you luck. Secondly, I was wondering one thing: do you think they send the rejection "news" earlier or they sent all the feecbacks at the same time?  I am a master's thesis student and this year I applied to the short term research grant (due was 16th Nov.) and they told me they will announce the results within 3 weeks after the commitee gather up in March. 

Sorry for the late answer. I got accepted last year. It pretty much depends on the country and the section that manages your application. In my case, the ones accepted are the first ones to know. Once they've reached everyone accepted, I think they start giving the rejections. But, as I said, it´s really dificult to give generalizations with DAAD.

Good luck with your application.

4 hours ago, Esteban Arias said:

Sorry for the late answer. I got accepted last year. It pretty much depends on the country and the section that manages your application. In my case, the ones accepted are the first ones to know. Once they've reached everyone accepted, I think they start giving the rejections. But, as I said, it´s really dificult to give generalizations with DAAD.

Good luck with your application.

Thank you for the feedback :)